4 cups cornbread crumbled
10 slices dried bread cubed
1 pound mild Italian turkey sausage
1½ cups celery chopped
1 cup onion chopped
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
¼ cup Jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup turkey broth
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In large bowl combine cornbread and bread cubes.
3. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté sausage, celery and onion until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; combine with cornbread mixture.
4. Add salt, poultry seasoning, jalapeno peppers, eggs and turkey broth.
5. Spoon stuffing into lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish.
6. Bake, covered, at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!