At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Though it may not be apparent, Europeans never throw away bread. The tradition is that bread is akin to gold and should always be used even when it is a day old.
Italians are especially good at using day
Although Italians do not celebrate Thanksgiving Day, they serve stuffed chicken and turkey in various regions of Italy for Sunday dinners or special celebrations. The chicken and turkey might be stuffed whole or rolled up in slices of breast meat or in thighs stuffed to the brim.
You can be assured everyone will love an Italian style stuffed chicken or turkey with a Chopped Egg S
In some areas of Italy where fish is plentiful, fish is also stuffed with bread and chopped eggs while in the northern part of Italy, rolled slices of flank steak known as braciole are also stuffed with day old bread cubes, fresh basil and chopped eggs as well as other regional ingredients.
One quick tip to make
Feel free to use your Chopped Egg Stuffing recipe in as many menus as you can. Your family and guests will love it.Print
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chicken stock or bouillon
- 8 cups small bread cubes
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Sauté onion in butter until soft; sprinkle with salt then pour stock into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl combine egg, parsley, and bread cubes.
- Pour onion liquid over the mixture.
- Stir gently until well mixed.
- Stuffing can be baked in the bird or bake at 325° for about 45 to 50 minutes in a covered, buttered casserole.