1½ cups pumpkin
¾ cup vegetable oil
2½ cups flour
2 cups sugar
1½ teaspoon baking soda
1¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon nutmeg
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
1 cup raisin
3- 1 pound coffee cans.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Makes three loaves.
2. Beat together pumpkin and vegetable oil.
3. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, nuts, and raisins.
4. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
5. Fill three ungreased 1 pound coffee cans, ½ full.
6. Bake at 350°F for 75 minutes.
7. Cool, in the can for 15 minutes and remove from can.
8. Wrap, while still warm, in aluminium foil.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!