Fruit Salad Recipe
A favorite at picnics and cookouts, this fresh fruit salad recipe is a classic side dish to the tangy, salty main entrees.
Fresh summer fruits go perfectly with the Fruit Cream Dressing, making a luscious dessert that’s easier on the waistline than traditional fat loaded cakes or pies.
2 cups fresh seedless grapes , whole or cut depending on size
4 cups melon balls, cantaloupe or honeydew
4 cups nectarines or peaches, peeled & sliced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 cup sliced kiwi fruit
1. Combine all fruits and chill.
2. Serve with Fruit Cream Dressing (recipe below).
Fruit Cream Dressing:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
1. Soften cream cheese, whip with powdered sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine whipping cream and sugar together, whip until it forms soft peaks.
3. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, and lemon juice; continue to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency.
4. Serve with fresh fruit salad.