Trying new foods can feel like a huge roll of the dice with kids. Something about unfamiliar flavors, textures, and shapes can give both kids and parents alike a touch of nerves. However, for some beautiful reason, if you dress up food in just the right way kids will come around to trying new previously unlike foods. Here are a few recipes to get try out to expand your kid's palette and your shopping lists!
Funny Face Carrot Salad
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 small can of crushed pineapple
1. Peel carrots. Roll up a few long shavings and save them for “hair” on a final salad.
2. Grate carrots with a grater.
3. Drain a can of crushed pineapples in a strainer, using a spoon to push out the juice.
4. Toss pineapple with carrots, then add vanilla yogurt.
5. Spoon some salad onto a plate. Make a smiling face with raisins. Style carrot “hair”, and serve.
2 slices Raisin Bread, lightly toasted
2 Tablespoons Apple, pear, or apricot chopped
3 Tablespoons whipped cream cheese;
2 Tablespoons Pineapple crushed in natural juice
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients (except the bread) together. Use more cottage cheese if necessary, to hold everything together.
2. Spread the mixture on the bread.
|Kids Recipes A|
|Kids Recipes N|