At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Kids Recipes H
1 18″ square heavy duty foil
4 Tablespoons Popcorn
4 teaspoon Cooking oil
1. Cut 18″ square of heavy duty foil into four squares. In the center of each square, place one teaspoon oil and one tablespoon popcorn.
2. Bring the four corners of foil to the center, making pouch like hobo knapsack. Seal edges well.
3. With string, tie coners of each pouch to long handled barbeque tool or green stick.
4. Place pouch directly on hot coals and shake often until corn is popped.
5. Carefully open pouch and season popcorn with melted butter and salt.
Homemade Cracker Jacks
1 cup Peanuts
4 cup Popped corn
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Molasses
1. Mix popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl or pan.
2. Cook molasses and sugar together until the mixture reaches a tempurature of 235 degrees F on a candy thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, test the syrup by letting some drop from a spoon into a cup of cold water. The syrup is done when it forms a thead as it drops into the water.
3. Pour hot syrup mixture over the popcorn nut mixture and stir to coat evenly.
4. Cool and break into chunks with a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container.
|Kids Recipes A||Kids Recipes N|