When it comes to getting kids to enjoy their food, sometimes you have to get a little creative. Not only do kids want their food to be tasty but adding an element of fun can make it more enjoyable for them. With that said, we've compiled a list of fun food ideas for kids that start will the letter S that are easy to make and will save you time and money. Read on to discover all the S-related kid food ideas as well as links to other letters of the alphabet.
Snake Hot Dogs
- 1 hot dog bun
- 1 hot dog
1. Take a hot dog and make horizontal slits (that go a little more than halfway through the hot dog) down half the length of the hot dog.
2. For the other half of the hot dog do the same thing but make the slits on the opposite side.
3. When boiled, microwaved, or grilled the hot dog will twist like a snake. Serve on a hot dog bun with your child's favorite condiments.
Sailboats and Canoes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg; hard-boiled
- 1 teaspoon parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons cheese spread
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cheese slice
1. Cut hard-boiled egg in half lengthwise. Remove yolk and mix with mayonnaise and parmesan.
2. Fill the egg cavity with the yolk mixture.
3. Cut ends off celery stalk crosswise and fill halves with cheese spread.
3. Cut cheese slices into four triangles. Stick cheese triangles vertically into the egg mixture and cheese spread to form sails.
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 liter club soda
1. Let ice cream sit at room temperature until it is easy to scoop.
2. Spoon ice cream into glasses until it is about halfway full. Pour or squeeze about 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup into each glass.
3. Slowly fill almost to the top with club soda and stir well with a spoon. Serve with a straw and a tall spoon.
|Kids Recipes A|
|Kids Recipes N|
Whether you have picky eaters or you want to keep your little ones entertained during lunchtime, these creative food ideas for kids are sure to be a hit. To make it even more fun, have your kids choose from a set list of food ideas that you've narrowed down. This will make them look forward to mealtime that much more!