If you're envisioning your little girl having sparkling blue eyes, or perhaps you envision her having a spirit of wanderlust — flowing through life like an ocean's waves. Either way, you'll want to give her a special name that suits your hopes for her life. Here is a list of girl names that mean blue — complete with origin, meaning and more!
RELATED: 25 Baby Names That Mean Blue
- Afina Alfina has Hebrew and Romanian origins. The name in Hebrew means “deer”. However, in Romanian, the name means “blueberry”.
- Neelashree Neelashree is a name of Indian origin. Specifically, it comes from the Bengali language. It means “blue beauty”.
- Gormlaith Gormlaith comes from Gaelic origin. It means “blue princess, illustrious lady”. In history, she was a woman that was considered a legendary beauty and had kings for husbands Her last husband was the 11th-century ruler of Ireland.
- Aoko Aoko is of Japanese origin. It has a few meanings based on the Kanji used. Typically, Aoko means “dark blue, blue child, love”.
- Chimalis Chimalis is of Native American origin. It means “bluebird”. While used as a name too, the name actually refers to the word for a bluebird.
- Lynae Lynae comes from English and Scandinavian origins. Lynae means “small blue flower” in Scandinavian but “linden tree” in English.
- Odeta Odeta comes from Romanian and Albanian origins. The name is derived from the word “deti”, which means “blue, sea”. The name also shares this meaning.
- Sinikka Sinikka comes from Finnish origin. The name derives from the Finnish word “sini”. Sini is the Finnish word for blue. The name shares this meaning.
- Turquoise Turquoise is of Old French origin. It means “Turkish stone, light blue-green color”.
- Atasi Atasi Is of Indian origin. Girls that are given this name are generally Hindu by religion. The name means “blue flower”.
- Doli Doli is of Native American origin, specifically the Navajo tribe. The name means “bluebird”.
- Cyane Cyane is of Greek origin. The name means “dark blue”. In Greek mythology, Cyane was a naiad who tried to protect Persephone from abduction by Hades.
- Bluebell Bluebell is of American origin. Bluebell means “bluebell”. It’s the name of a blue flower.
- Fairuza Fairuza comes from the old Arabic and Persian name Firuzeh. It means “turquoise”.
- Sunila Sunila is of Indian origin. The name has a few meanings related to the color blue. It means “very blue, sapphire, dark blue”.
- Ruka Ruka is a name of Japanese origin. Depending on the Kanji, the name’s meaning slightly changes. It means “lapis, bright blue flower, praise”. The name is considered a holy name.
- Shawnita Shawnita is a manmade name of American origin. The name means “blue diamond”. Some people use it as the feminine version of the name Shawn.
- Qing Qing is a name of Chinese origin. It means “blue, aqua blue”.
- Owaissa Owaissa is of Native American origin and means “bluebird”. Owaissa is a legend that originates from what is now Hampton Beach. The legend tells a tale where Owaissa became friends with white settlers and was told to keep away by her father. When a friend became sick, she visited anyway and was caught by her father. He burned the white settlers' village down and she fled on a canoe to escape her father's wrath.
- Neela Neela is a name of Indian origin. It means “sapphire blue, blue”. It can be considered a shortened form of the name Neelashree.
- Mazarine Mazarine is a name of French origin. The name means “deep blue”. Mazarine is thought to pay homage to a 17th-century cleric.
- Lapis Lapis come from Egyptian and Persian origins. It means “azure blue stone”. It’s thought to derive from Lapis Lazuli gemstone, which is the name of a blue-colored gemstone.
- Meena Meena is a name of Indian origin. It means “bird, blue stone”. The name is from Hindu mythology. Meena was the name of a wife of Shiva.
- Mora Mora has Spanish and Portuguese origin. Mora means “blueberry”. It’s derived from the name Maura.
- Bluesette Bluesette is of English origin. The name derives from a jazz and blues song. The song is about Bluesette being comforted that love awaits her and to not be upset. The name is very rare.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!