While the “traditional” boy color is blue, there is so much more to boys and blue that parents should consider. Whether you have a passion for a particular color, such as turquoise, or you envision your son having the spirit of a bluebird, check out this list of boys names that mean blue and find the perfect name for your son!
RELATED: 25 Baby Names That Mean Blue
- Azraq Azraq is of Arabic origin. The name means “blue, name of a companion of the Prophet”.
- Jalaneel Jalaneel is of Indian origin. Jalaneel means “blue color of the sea”.
- Shyam Shyam is a name of Indian origin. It holds several meanings, “dark blue, black”. Shyam is one of the names for Lord Krishna in the Hindu religion.
- Aouli Aouli is of Hawaiian origin. The name doesn’t directly have a meaning but is meant to describe a feeling. Aouli describes “a blue sky on a clear day”.
- Chandraneel Chandraneel is of India origin. Chandraneel means “a precious blue gem”. It has no known variations.
- Firuzeh Firuzeh comes from Old Persian origin. It’s the male version of the name Fairuza. Firuzeh means “turquoise”.
- Marlais Marlais comes from Welsh origin. It’s considered closely related to the name Marley because of its pronunciation. However, Marlais means “blue”.
- Yahto Yahto is of Native American origin, specifically the Sioux tribe. It means “blue”.
- Manikanth Manikanth is of Indian origin. The name comes from the Bengali and Gujarati languages. Manikanth means “blue jewel, one who has a bejeweled throat, shining brightly”.
- Slate Slate is of American origin. Slate comes from the greenish-blue rock that’s easily split into smoother pieces.
- Cyan Cyan is of Greek origin. It comes from the ancient word “kyanos”. It means “bluish-green color”.
- Nilamegh Nilamegh is of Indian origin. The name means “blue cloud”.
- Indivar Indivar is of Indian origin. The name is associated with the God Vishnu. Indivar means “blue lotus”.
- Bisman Bisman is a name of Indian origin. The name is generally a Sikh or Punjabi name. It means “dark blue, black”.
- Clodwal Clodwal is of English origin. The name means “icy cold, blue man”. The name is very unique and not well-known.
- Jainil Jainil is a name of Indian origin. It comes from the Gujarati language. It means “victorious God, victory of blue”. The name is a symbol for Lord Vishnu’s triumph.
- Viorel Viorel is of Romanian origin. It derives from the flower viorea. It means “sweet violet flower, bluebell flower”.
- Gorman Gorman comes from Irish and Gaelic origins. The name is commonly a surname but can be used as a first name. Gorman means “dark blue, noble”.
- Jaibrian Jaibrian is of Arabic origin. The name is common among those that follow the Islam religion. Jaibrian means “bluebird, strength”.
- Matlalhuitl Matlalhuitl is a name of Nahuati origin. The name means “blue-green feather”.
- Nabanil Nabanil is of Indian origin. The name comes from the Assamese language. It means “new clear blue sky”.
- Neel Neel is of Indian origin. The name derives from three names Cornelius, Neal, and Neil. It means “champion, blue, indigo, treasure”.
- Okko Okko comes from Finnish and English origins. The name means “blue-colored person, the color blue”.
- Sunil Sunil is of Indian origin. The name is the masculine version of Sunila. It shares the same meaning as “dark blue”.
- Rajiva Rijva is of Indian origin. The name comes from several languages like Hindi, Bengali, Nepali, Telugu, and more. It means “lotus flower, blue lotus flower”. It has a few spelling variants like Rajiv and Rajeev.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!