While there are plenty of boy names that mean color, for those who wish to give their child a color-based name that's perhaps more subdued, check out this list of boy names that mean grey. From Cadet to Chandi and beyond, each his impactful and one-of-a-kind. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Grey
- Arian Arian has Welsh roots where it meant silver. This name also has Latin origins where the name referred to a trustworthy person or a strong warrior.
- AshThough Ash can mean different things, it usually stands for the ash shade of grey. This name is popular among fans of the Evil Dead franchise.
- Bater Bater comes from an Indian word that represents a grey quail. Also spelled Bader, it can show that he is loyal and responsible.
- Cadet Parents who want an unusual name that means grey might go with Cadet. Cadet is a shade of grey that has elements of blue.
- Caeso The name Caseo comes from a Roman word that stood for blue-gry colors. Parents can also spell this boy's name as Kaseo to emphasize the first letter.
- Chandi Chandi comes from a Hindi word that means both silver and silvery. An alternative way to spell this name is Chaandee.
- Charcoal A unique name that means grey is Charcoal. This name can also represent the charcoal that families use when cooking outside.
- Dhaumya This unique name stands for a smoky shade of grey. Dhaumya is a traditional Indian name.
- Dhumrasva While slightly similar to the last name, this one refers to a grey horse. It also has Indian roots.
- FloydFloyd is an American alternative to the Welsh name Llwyd which meant a man or boy with grey hair. This name became popular among parents who wanted to honor George Floyd.
- Grane Though Grane sounds like an unusual name, it means a grey color. Sigfried choose this popular Irish name for his horse with legendary speed.
- GraysonAn alternative to Grayton, Grayson is an English name that means the son of a father with grey hair. A popular soap actor has the same name.
- Greyley Greyley comes from an English term for a grey meadow. Some of the other ways to spell it include Graylie and Graely to help boys stand out from their peers.
- Griswold In German, Griswold means a grey forest or anything that comes from that forest. Fans of the National Lampoon Vacation films often choose it in honor of Clark Griswold.
- Horton The name Horton means a male from a grey town. It's also the name of a fun children's book called Horton Hears a Who from Dr. Seuss.
- Jet While some think of jet as a shade of black, it's a deep shade of grey. Jet is a fun boy's name that might remind some of West Side Story.
- LloydLloyd is a Welsh name that can mean a man with grey hair or a scared man. The architect Frank Lloyd Wright is just one of the famous men with this name.
- Maxus Maxus comes from an Old English term that means a grey castle or meadow. Max is a popular nickname for this name, which parents can also spell as Maxston.
- Mingan Parents can choose Mingan, which means a person who looks like a grey wolf. This Native American name usually refers to the speed and strength of the animal.
- Orden The name Orden means a boy from a shore settlement or grey farm. Other ways to spell this name include Orton and Ordan.
- Pourushspa Pourushspa is a unique name that means someone who has grey horses. This name can also mean freedom in Parsi.
- Silverman Silverman started as a last name that described a man who worked with silver. It is now a popular boy's name and alternative to Silver.
- Slate Slate is a type of building material and natural stone, but it also works as a boy's name. This shade of grey is often quite dark.
- Spinzar A unique option that some parents like is Spinzar, which means silver. In Arabic, this name can also mean white gold.
- Taklishim Native Americans used this name to describe a man with grey hair. Takie is a fun nickname for the full name.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!