If you're looking for a dark and moody name for your little one, check out this list of baby names that mean gray. From Cecil to Leslie to Ash and beyond, each of these names is a winning option. Take a look!
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Black
- Argenta Argenta is a bleakly shaded Latin-American girl's name. The particular meaning of this name is “gray-silver.”
- Arianwyn Arianwyn is a griseous Welsh girl's name. The meaning of this one name is “woman of gray-silver.”
- AshAsh is an overcast unisex name of Old English origin. This particular name alludes to the color of black and gray remnants of burnt matter.
- AshleyAshley is a grey-faced unisex name from Old English. This specific name has the same meaning as the name Ash.
- Brandford Brandford is an English boy's name of gray meaning. This unique name means “gray man's ford.”
- CecilCecil is a Latin boy's name for gray sky births. This particular name's meaning is “gray eyes.” Cecil Harvey was he lead protagonist of “Final Fantasy IV,” a man who begins the game as a corrupt dark knight but eventually atones and becomes a heroic paladin.
- Eirian Eirian is a grey-shaded girl's name from the Welsh and Irish tongues. The exact meaning of this name is “silvery-gray.”
- Eun Eun is a pearly unisex name from the Korean language. The specific meaning of this name depends on character used; 恩 can mean “charity,” “kindness,” “mercy” or “charity” but 銀 means “silvery-gray” or “money.”
- Farand Farand is a smoky French boy's name. The particular meaning of this name is “gray-haired.”
- Farrant Farrant is a sooty boy's name of French origin. The specific meaning of this name is “gray-haired.”
- Glaucia Glaucia is a unisex name from the ashen reaches of Ancient Rome. The exact meaning of this name is “bluish-gray.”
- Graden Graden is a pallid boy's name from England. This name's exact meaning is “gray-haired.”
- Gradon Gradon is an English boy's name with a wan distinction. This particular name's meaning is “gray-haired.”
- GrahamGraham is a gunmetal boy's name from the English language. The specific meaning of this name is “child from the gray home.”
- Griswalda Griswalda is a sooty Germanic name for girls. This unique name's meaning translates as “child from the gray forest.”
- Greeley Greeley is a hoary English name for a boy. This one name means “child from the gray meadow.”
- Jumana Jumana is an ashen, Arabic name for girls. The particular meaning of this name is “gray-silver pearl.”
- LesleyLesley is a smokey Gaelic name for both boys and girls. The specific meaning of this name is “hailing from the gray fortress.”
- Leslie Leslie is a wan Gaelic name with unisex application. The proper meaning of this name is “hailing from the gray fortress.”
- Lioslaith Lioslaith is a sooty Scottish girl's name. The meaning behind this name is “she who dwells at the gray fortress.”
- Liosliath Liosliath is an ashen boy's name from Gaelic. The meaning of this name translates into “he who dwells within the gray fortress.”
- Picabo Picabo is a Native American girl's name or pearly bearing. The exact meaning of this particular name translates as “gleaming gray creek.”
- Sage Sage is a sooty unisex name from both the Old French and Latin languages. As for this name's meaning, it alludes to the plant's gray-green coloration. Famous Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone named one of his children Sage Moonblood Stallone.
- Silver Silver is a smokey, rare English language name of unisex purpose. This name is derived from either the precious metal, a reflective gray-white substance, or the specific shade of gray coloring that the precious metal derives its name from.
- Yin Yin is a Chinese name of wan merit and unisex applications. The exact meaning of this name depends on the specific character used; 银 equates to “silver-gray” or “money,” 音 means “sound” or “tone” and 荫 can mean “shade” or “protect.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Jill_J_Jenkins / Pixabay.