From Chadburn, which means “from the brook of wild cats,” to Fasach, which means “wilderness,” each of these baby names that mean wild are fascinating — both in meaning and origin. Explore these options to see if the right name for your baby is held within this collection.
RELATED: Boy Names That Mean Wild AND Girl Names That Mean Wild
- Aanandaprakash Aanandaprakash is a hot-blooded boy's name from the Hindi language. The exact meaning of this particular name translates as “wild wind.”
- Abal Abal is an Arabic girl's name for those children that are hard to tame. This particular names translates as “wild rose.”
- Agrios Agrios is a Greek name for a wild boy. This particular name literally just means “wild.”
- Akrosa Akrosa is the sort of hot-blooded name, taken from the language of Sanskrit, that you give to a boy who will not be tamed. The specific meaning of this name translates to “wild anger.”
- Arad Arad is an Arabic boy's name that is brimming with untapped potential. The exact meaning of this unique name translates as “wild ox” and might be chosen in the hope that the boy will grow up to be as burly and mighty as his namesake.
- Awilda Awilda is an English girl's name of the wild. This particular name can mean “untamed,” “wild” or “willow tree.”
- Bruyèe Bruyèe is a Latin name for wild boys and girls. The exact translation of this name breaks down to “wild plants of our forests.” Because of the inflection over its first e, this name should be pronounced “broo-yay-eh.”
- Chadburn Chadburn is an English boy's name of the wilderness. The particular meaning of this name translates as “from the brook of wild cats.”
- Cougar Cougar is a distinctly American boy's name derived from the wild. Specifically, this name is taken from the wild cat of the same name. Synonyms for the big cat that might also work as names for a boy include puma, panther and painter.
- Dikiy Dikiy is a Russian name for boys or girls that is concerned with the wild. More specifically, this name is the Russian word for “wild” or “feral.”
- Dziki Dziki is a Polish name focused on the wilderness of the heart in both boys and girls. This one name is simply the Polish word for “wild” or “feral.” This name should be pronounced “d'zee-kee.”
- Egan Egan is a unisex name from the Yoruba language that is concerned with the wild. This one name just means “wild.”
- Fasach Fasach is a wild Irish name for lads and lasses. The exact meaning of this name is “wilderness.” This name should be pronounced “Fah-sahk.”
- Faunus Faunus is a Latin name for boys with a wild spirit. More exactingly, Faunus is the name of the Roman god of the untamed wilds who resembled a man from the waist up and a two-legged goat from the waist down.
- Gahlot Gahlot is a hot-blooded boy's name from the Hindi language. This name just means “wild.”
- Gor Gor is an Armenian name of the wild and one suited to boy boys and girls. Depending upon one's intentions, this name can mean “wild donkey,” “desert,” “fierce” or “grave.”
- Sassacus Sassacus is a wild-hearted boy's name from one of the many Native American languages. The exact meaning of this name is “wild man.”
- Selvaggia Selvaggia is an Italian name for a wild daughter. This particular name means “wild.”
- SheridanSheridan is an Old Irish boy's name for wild souls. This one name means “wild one.”
- Silvestre Silvestre is a Spanish boy's name concerning the untamed. This specific name's meaning is taken from words that equate to “rustic” or “wild.” Sylvester is a variant spelling of this name that is common to English-speakers.
- Soyokaze Soyokaze is an unchained unisex name of Japanese sourcing. This name literally just means “wild breeze.”
- Villi Villi is a manic Finnish name for both boys and girls. This particular name literally just means “wild.”
- Villtur Villtur is a wild Icelandic name for both girls and boys. This one name just means “wild.”
- Yasei Yasei is a wild Japanese boy's name. This specific name just means “wild.” It should be pronounced in two syllbles: “ya-say.”
- Yaseiji Yaseiji is a wild Japanese boy's name. This name's exact meaning is “wild child” and is pronounced “ya-say-gee.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!