From Alina, which means “beautiful” and “bright,” to Kanchan, which means “bright, shining one,” these girl names that mean bright are feminine and inspiring. Explore these options to find the perfect fit for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Bright
- Aabha Aabha is a gleaming girl's name from Sanskrit. This name can have many meanings, like “bright and radiant, “brilliance,” glorious,” “glow,” “light” and “splendor” and is pronounced “ah-bha.”
- Aaoka Aoka is a lustrous lady's name from Bengali. Indeed, this unique one name means “brightly shining one” or “of a great luster.”
- Adelheide Adelheide is a gleaming Germanic and Hebrew girl's name. While the Germanic meanings directly allude to concepts of honor and nobility, the Hebraic meaning translates as “brightness.” This particular name is also a known variant spelling of Adelaide.
- AlinaAlina is a glittery girl's name from German, Nepal and also Russia. Depending on where you look, this one name can either mean “beautiful” or “bright.”
- Almas Almas is a Sanskrit girl's name of the light. This unique name can mean “adamant,” “brightness” or “diamond.” Almaas is a known variant spelling of this name.
- Bahriya Bahriya is an Arabic girl's name of brilliance. Indeed, this particular name means “bright and bold one.”
- Barjabeen Barjabeen is a gleaming girl's name from Arabic and Pakistani. This one name means “bright star.”
- BelindaBelinda is a blindingly popular girl's name found in English, German, Italian and even Spanish. This one multicultural name simply means “bright serpent.”
- Cand Cand is a Latin girl's name that is tethered to the light. Indeed, this particular name means “she who dazzles like a bright, glowing light.”
- Chaand Chaand is an iridescent Indian name for ladies. This specific name can mean “bright,” “moon,” or even combines the two concepts and gain the meaning of “one as brilliant and beautiful as the moon.”
- Clasina Clasina is a Netherlander name for brilliant girls. This unique name means “bright woman.”
- Deepal Deepal is an illuminated Indian girl's name. This one name can express concepts like “illumination,” “radiance” and “brightness.” Indeed, it seems to be the feminine version of the boy's name Kanti.
- Della Della is an Anglo-German name for brilliant girls. This exact name's meaning is “bright, noble personality.” In the extended family tree of Donald Duck, Della Duck is Donald's sister and mother to Huey, Dewey and Louie.
- Eberta Eberta is a gleaming girl's name sourced from the German language. The particular meaning of this one name breaks down into “brilliant,” “bright” and “intelligent.”
- Febe Febe is a glossy girl's name from the Greek language. This specific name means “bright woman.” Phoebe is an arguably better known variant spelling of this name.
- Geriel Geriel is a glowing recommendation for a girl's name and one that comes from Mongolia. This one name means “bright light.”
- Halina Halina is a glimmering Greek name for girls. This particular name's meaning breaks down to address “brightness,” light,” and “shining one.”
- Hei-Ryung Hei-Ryung is a Korean girl's name of brilliance. This specific name's meaning translates as “grace and brightness.”
- Istir Istir is an Assyrian girl's name concerned with the light. This one name means “bright star” and is a lesser known variant spelling of the name Esther.
- Jalena Jalena is a brilliant girl's name that appears in both Russian and Slavic tongues. This particular name simply means “the bright one.”
- Kanchan Kanchan is an Indian girl's name that basks in the light. This unique name can mean “gold” or “bright, shining one.”
- LaineyLainey is a brilliant girl's name that appears in Greek and Jewish circles. This specific name can either mean “bright light” or “torch.”
- Mahzala Mahzala is an illuminating girl's name from the Pashto language. This one name means “brightness of the moon” and might be chosen as a name if the child was born during the light of a full moon.
- Natela Natela is a glorgiously gleaming girl's name out of the European country of Georgia. This specific name can mean “light” or “bright.”
- Nelle Nelle is an illuminating girl's name from the Hebrew language. The exact meaning of this particular name translates as “she who brings brightness.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©AllNikArt/Shutterstock.com.