These boy names that mean bright are masculine and intriguing. From Bardulf, which means “bright wolf,” to Abhidipa, which means “brightened” and “lightened,” each is unique and worthy of consideration. Find the perfect name for your son.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Bright
- Aadipta Aadipta is a brilliant boy's name from India. This one name can mean “bright,” “glorious,” “intelligent,” “luminous,” “radiant” and other similar concepts.
- Aadit Aadit is a gleaming boy's name from India. This specific name can mean “bright,” “illuminate,” “peak,” “shade,” “sheltered” or “radiant.”
- Aalok Aalok is an illuminating Indian boy's name. This unique name means “bright,” “illuminated one,” “light” or “illuminated one.”
- Aangsuman Aangsuman is a glorious Indian name for boys. This particular name can mean “rays/brightness/radiance of the sun.”
- Aayan Aayan is a brilliant boy's name from Arabic. This specific name means “bright, swift one.”
- Abdulnoor Abdulnoor is a gleaming boy's name from Arabic and Urdu. This unique name means “servant of the bright one.”
- Abhasa Abhasa is a glowing endorsement of a name for boys from Sanskrit. This one name refers to “a great brightness,” “grandeur” or “splendor.”
- Abhidipa Abhidipa is an enlightening boy's name from Sanskrit. This particular name means “brightened” or “lightened.”
- Adeen Adeen is an Irish boy's name with brilliant bearing. This specific name means “brightly shining little fire.”
- Alin Alin is a boy's name of the light that is both Celtic and English. While the English meaning of this specific name means “bright,” “fair” or noble,” the Celtic meaning translates as “little rock” or “harmonic peace.” This name is a variant spelling of Alan.
- Alohilani Alohilani is a Hawaiian boy's name concerned with the light. This particular name means “bright sky.”
- Bardulf Bardulf is an English boy's name bathed in light, though that light might be moonlight given its meanings. This one name can either mean “bright wolf” or “ax-bearing wolf.”
- Bartram Bartram is a Franco-American boy's name of brilliance. This particular name can either mean “glorious raven” or “bright raven” and might make a fine choice if the family is at all involved in Norse mythology.
- Beorhtel- is a Danish and Norwegian name of the light and used for boys. This specific name means “brightly-shining one.”
- Canda Canda is a Spanish boy's name with a glowing endorsement. This unique name means “brightly-glowing one.”
- Ceyone Ceyone is an Indian boy's name of celestial significance. This one name can mean “rising sun” or “rays of the early morning sun.”
- Chapalabikas Chapalabikas is an Indian lad's name of light. This particular name can mean “lightning” or “bright and powerful one.”
- Datla Datla is a solar-powered Indian name for boys. This specific name means “might of the sun” or “sun's brightness.”
- Eckbert Eckbert is a gleaming German boy's name. This unique name means “bright sword” or “shiny metal/weapon.”
- Fievel Fievel is a Hebrew boy's name of brilliance. This one name means “extremely bright one.” One of the most well-known Fievels in media would be Fievel Mousekewitz from “An American Tail.”
- Galeno Galeno is a Spanish boy's name of the light. The specific meaning of this one name translates as “the brightened child.”
- Harnish Harnish is an illuminating Indian boy's name. The exact meaning of this particular name is “one who purges the darkness and spreads brightness.”
- Jabier Jabier is a Spanish boy's name that it as home in the light. This specific name means “bright man” and should be pronounced “Hah-be-air.”
- Kanti Kanti is an Indian lad's name that never hides in the shadows. This one name can mean “attractive,” “brilliant,” “light,” “luminant” or “radiant.” In the anime “FLCL,” Kanti was the name given by Mamimi to the robot character as she believed the robot was the return of some divine who bore that name. This name is pronounced “kahn-tea.”
- Lahan Lahan is an Arabic boy's name of brightness. This unique name means “bright-headed child.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©AllNikArt/Shutterstock.com.