Fewer virtues are more valued than wisdom, so why not lay a foundation for this virtue in your daughter's life from day one? This list of girl names that mean wise is filled with a variety of beautiful and feminine options. Explore each one and find the ideal name for your little one.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Wise
- Labiba This Arabic name is unique and fun. It means “intelligent and wise.”
- Shanna This name means “old and wise.” The name originates from Ireland.
- Ramona — Meaning “wise protector,” the name Ramona has Spanish origins.
- AthenaA very popular name for girls, Athena is the name of a Greek goddess. The meaning of the name Athena is “wisdom” and as expected, has a Greek origin.
- Brilliance A unique name, Brilliance means “intelligent, talented, protected, pure, perfection.” The name is of English origin.
- Saffi A beautiful name that rolls off the tongue, Saffi is perfect for a little girl. The name means “wisdom” and has a Greek origin.
- MonicaThis name means “to advise wisely.” She'll always be the leader of the pack with this North African name.
- MoniqueThe French version of the girl's name Monica, the name Monique means “to advise wisely.”
- Alohi Of Hawaiian origin, the name Alohi means “bright and smart.” A girl given this name can enjoy a unique feminine name.
- Salvia Meaning “a sage or wise person,” the name Salvia has Spanish origins. It is an old-school name with uniqueness for any little girl.
- Alberta — This German name means “noble and smart.”
- Dara A unique name for girls, Dara means “wisdom and compassion.” The name has a Hebrew origin.
- SophiaThis name means wisdom. It originates from Greek. For a few years, Sophia dominated the top baby names lists.
- KaylaMeaning “a wise child,” the name Kayla originates from the Arabic language but is very common for girls in the United States.
- Etheinda A German name meaning “a wise and noble serpent,” this name is perfect for a little girl. It is a very unique name.
- Sana — This unique Indian baby name means “brilliant, praise.”
- AkilahThis is an Arabic name that means “smart, intelligent, and wise.” It is common in the Middle East but unique in the Americas and other countries.
- Michiko A Japanese name, Michiko means “a beautiful and wise child.” This name is very common in Japan but offers a beautifully unique name elsewhere in the world.
- Chalandra This name means “one who is wise.” It has African origins. The name is sweet, feminine, and unique.
- VedaThis Sanskrit name means “knowledge and wisdom.” It is unique and modern, perfect for any little girl.
- Galena A Spanish name meaning “small and intelligent,” Galena allows a little girl to enjoy a unique name that helps her stand out in a crowd of people.
- Bernadette This name means “strong or intelligent.” The name has been around for quite some time. It is strong and bold but still offers femininity for a little girl.
- Anura This name for girls means “knowledge and wisdom.” The name has Indian origins.
- Alive A not-so-common name for girls meaning “wise friend,” the name Alvie has an Old English origin.
- Farzana Meaning “wise and smart,” Farzana is a great name for a little girl. Under popular beliefs, people given this name have better luck than others.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/sonnydaez.