Whether you enjoy Mexican lineage or simply have an affinity for the Mexican culture, you can pay homage to this heritage by way of the name you select for your little girl. From Mora to Elisa to Paloma and beyond, there is no shortage of beautiful Mexican baby names for girls. Here, we have a lengthy selection — including their meanings — that will help you make the perfect choice for your daughter. Read about them and click through to learn even more!
RELATED: Mexican Baby Names We Love!
- AmaraThe meaning of this word says it all. “Sweetheart, grace, and dear” are a few of the meanings that explains the meaning of Amara. This is a Spanish-derived female name.
- CamilaPortuguese is the origin of Camila which started long before in Rome. This is a popular Spanish girl's name formed from a legendary maiden.
- ElinaElina originated as a Hebrew Girl name and the meaning is “Woman with Intelligence, Pure”. Lovely throughout history and a favorite among the Spanish.
- Elisa“Concentrated to God” is the meaning of this Spanish baby girl name. A good traditional name.
- GabrielaMeaning “God is my strength” and known in other forms. Gabriella, Gabriel, Gabriele, Gabrielė, Gabrielle, Gabbie, Gabe of both girls and boys.
- Herminia Of Spanish origin, Herminia stands for “soldier” and is the feminine gender of Herman. Also known for being a saint.
- IsabellaThe Spanish meaning of the name Isabela is “My God is bountiful and God of plenty”. This is a very pleasing name for a Mexican baby girl.
- JuliaAn old-fashioned name of Spanish origin, Julia means “Jupiter's child”.
- Lola Lola is a recognized girl name in the Spanish community. It is the short form of Dolores and means “sorrows”.
- LuciaLucia has ranked as the Number 1 name in Spain for several years. A girl's name of Spanish, and is derived from lux, the Latin word for light.
- MarianaA combination of Ana, meaning “grace”, and Maria, meaning “drop of the sea”. A beautiful name with a mixture of these two compounds.
- Mora Mora is a girl's name in Spanish and means “blueberry”. Can also be spelled Maura.
- NevaNeva is a cute name for a Mexican baby girl. The meaning translates to “snow”. This could be a memorable name for a baby girl around the Christmas holidays.
- PalomaPaloma is a female Spanish name, derived from Latin “palumbus”, which means “dove”, a symbol of peace. A touching and lovely name for a baby girl.
- Paula This is a strong girl's Mexican name with the meaning of “petite one” behind it.
- RamonaRamona is usually a feminine name, from the male names of Ramon (Spanish) and Raymond (Old German), meaning “wise protector”. well-suited name for a tough little baby girl.
- Renata The name Renata is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning “reborn”. It is widely used across Europe and Central America as a common baptismal name symbolizing spiritual rebirth. It is considered a precious female name for born again parents or for a baby born in the spring.
- Rosa There is no surprise that Rosa stands for “Rose”. This name will be cherished for a Mexican girl throughout her life.
- SamanthaSamantha goes in circles of being popular, then dies down for a few years. However, this is a lovely name for a newborn Spanish girl.
- SofiaA classic Greek name used by Spanish and Italian countries. Sophisticated and beautiful, Sofia means “wisdom”.
- Solana Of the feminine gender, Solana is a cute name of Spanish origin. Also known as Solo, its meaning is melting. Also, the given name is in honor of Saint Francisco Solano (1549-1610).
- Tierra A beautiful female name of the Spanish community. It means “of the earth”.
- ValentinaThis name is the feminine form of the Roman name Valentinus. Derived from the Latin word “valens” meaning “healthy, strong”. Several countries have adopted this name in version, including those that speak Romanian, Bulgarian, Portuguese and Spanish languages
- Viviana Here is a lovely Mexican girl's name for a lovely baby. Meaning “lively” she will bring heightened joy to your lives.
- Yomara An unusual girl's name in Spanish. Derived from Xiomara, and common in Guatemala, it means “violet, flower or spice and date tree”.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!