From Emilio to Mateo to Domingo, this list of Mexican baby names for boys is filled with a colorful selection. Explore the names and their meanings, and find the perfect option for your little boy.
RELATED: Mexican Baby Names We Love!
- Alberto A fitting name for a Mexican baby boy that holds promise for a “noble and bright future”.
- Alfonso This male Spanish name is derived from Alphense and stands for “eager for war”.
- AndresAndres is the Spanish version of Andrew in Mexico and other Spanish countries. Its meaning is “manly or brave”.
- Berto Simple and catchy, Berto is a Mexican boy's name that means “intelligent”. Many languages use their own version of this Italian and Spanish name.
- Cesaro A pleasant-sounding name of Mexican origin, baby boys will enjoy this rare name that means “long-haired”.
- DamianThis common Spanish name is full of purpose and meaning. Suited for a boy, it means “tame”.
- Domingo Domingo signifies a specific day of the week, Sunday. Many baby boys born on a Sunday share this name in Spanish-speaking countries.
- EmilioA special name for a special Spanish boy. Emilio means “winning one or flatterer”.
- Fabio Fabio is a Spanish male name that has grown popular with celebrities. Originally from Latin, the term means “Bean grower”. The feminine version is Fabiana.
- FelixAgainst all odds, this Mexican boy's name is translated to “being lucky”.
- Fonda A rare and intriguing name, Fonda means “one who is profound and well-based”. This is a well-rounded name for a Spanish baby boy.
- Fresco A refreshing name for a Mexican baby boy. Fresco describes a “fresh” feeling and new life.
- Geronimo Although Geronimo is Latin in origin, it is cited often in books on the Mexican's victory from Spain. The Mexicans adopted this name from the Red Indians. It means “sacred name” and is used among males.
- Iker Iker, pronounced EE-kuhr, is becoming popular in the states as a Spanish name. It stands for visitation.
- Joaquin Joaquin is the Spanish version of the Biblical name Joachim. An unusual male name stands for “God will judge”.
- Jose Derived from Spain, Jose is a popular and simple boy's name. It means “may God give increase”.
- Lonzo The abbreviation of the longer name, Alonzo, Lonzo is a common name in Spanish communities. It is of the male gender and stands for “ready and eager”.
- MarcoUsed in Spanish and Portuguese countries, many versions of Marco are used. Mark, Marcus, and Marc are a few derivatives. A popular boy's name and means “warring”.
- Maximiliano For a very distinctive name for your Spanish baby boy, consider Maximiliano and Max for short. Maximilian can also be used. The name means “greatest”.
- Mateo This is the Spanish form of Matthew. Masculine and pleasing, it means “wholesome and strong”.
- Montel The abbreviation of Montague and Montgomery, this strong male Spanish name translates to “mountain”.
- Nestor Nestor is a strong name for a Mexican male. It also means “wise one”. This is a good choice for a healthy baby boy.
- Paco Paco is a Spanish nickname for Francisco. Another nickname for Francisco is Pancho. The name is masculine and refers to being “free”.
- Pirro A simple and cool Spanish name that stands for “red-haired”. It can also mean “flame-colored” and is the American form of Peter.
- Thiago Also known as Tiago, it is a popular boy's name in Spain. “May God protect” is its meaning.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!