Welcome your newborn son to the world like the gift he is by giving him one of these boy names that mean gift. From Mateo to Jon to Price and beyond, each of these names is handsome and delightful. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Gift
- Abijah Abijah is a name that means both gift and a gift from God. It is a Hebrew name that also shows the Lord is the child's father.
- Abisha Similar to the last name, Abisha also means a gift from God or a simple gift. This name has Hebrew roots.
- Adiel The name Adiel means a gift sent by God. Adiel has roots in the Hebrew culture.
- Anana Anana is a unique name for boys that means a gift given by or sent from God. This name has Greek roots.
- Barack Barack is a Swahili name that means both gift and a blessing. Many parents choose this name in honor of President Barack Obama.
- Bogdan – A unique name, Bogdan means a gift from God or God's gift. The name is common in Slavic regions.
- Corbon The name Corbon comes from a Hebrew word for an offering or gift given by God. An alternative spelling is Corbin like American actor Corbin Bleu.
- DarionDarion is a boy's name that means simply a gift. It is a Greek name that dates back to ancient times.
- Donato – This name means a gift from God or a higher power. Donato has both Italian and Spanish roots.
- Eldoro Parents looking for a unique name that means gift might choose this one. Eldoro means a gift from the sun and has both Greek and Spanish origins.
- Ihab Ihab is an unusual name for boys that means fit. This name comes from Arabia.
- IanThe name Ian means a gift from the Lord. It has Scottish roots and is used by actors such as Ian Ziering and Ian McKellan.
- IvanIvan refers to the name of a ruler who was gracious and gave often to others. This name has Russian roots.
- JeremiahJeremiah is a traditional name that means a gift granted by God. It is similar to Jeremy and comes from a Hebrew term.
- JonJon is a name that means a gift from God. Also spelled as John and used as a nickname for Jonathon, Jon is also a name on its own with Hebrew and English roots.
- Mateo The name Mateo is Latin and means a gift from God. This name became more popular after a character on the show Jane the Virgin gave it to her son.
- MatthewMatthew is one of several names from the Bible that mean gift or gift from God. It also has Hebrew roots and uses the nickname of Matt.
- MathiasAn alternative to Matthew, Mathias was Matthew's original name. Mathias is a Hebrew name that means a gift from God.
- NathanielIn Hebrew, Nathaniel means a son or gift that God gave to a family. A popular nickname for this name is Nate.
- Price Price is a unique name that means a surprise gift. It has roots in the French language where it means prize.
- Thaddeus Thaddeus means a gift from God or a higher power. This name has Aramaic roots and often goes with the nickname Tad.
- TheodoreTheodore is a traditional name that means God's gift in Greece. The name became popular in the United States in honor of President Roosevelt and uses the nickname Ted or Teddy.
- Tudor Tudor is an alternative to Theodore that also means a gift from God. This name is trendy and also stands for a type of architecture.
- Yanis The name Yanis is perfect for parents who believe their sons are gifts or blessings. It comes from Greece.
- Zebediah – Another name found in the Bible that means God's gift is Zebediah. Zebediah can also mean a gift granted to a family by Jehovah.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Rawf8.