A new baby is indeed a precious gift. If you're looking to merge your love for the Lord and your love for your newborn baby, select a name from this list of baby names that mean gift from God. Each is unique and inspiring. Take a look!
- Prish A fairly common name in India, Prish is a name for boys and girls. it is often used as a name by those who study Hindu religion. This name means “God-gifted.”
- Bracha A great name for girls and good name for boys, Bracha means “a blessing.” The name has Hebrew origins.
- Oeshi “God's precious gift” is the meaning of the name Oeshi, which has Asian origins and can be given to a boy or girl. This name is original and unique.
- Yanis Meaning “gift of God,” the name Yanis is unique for both boys and girls. The strong, willful name has Hebrew origins.
- Shani A terrific name for either gender, the name Shani has Irish origins and means “God sent this.”
- Miesha This name works well for boys and girls, though more commonly used as a girl's name inside the U.S. This may not apply in countries outside of the U.S. The name has Slavic origins and means “God's gift.”
- Sanil An Indian name that means “gift of God,” Sanil isn't a common name but instead, unique and rarely used. This name works great for anyone seeking a fun name that isn't overused already.
- Elsi The name means “God is my oath.” It suits as a name for a boy or a girl and has Scottish origins. Elsi can also be used as a middle name.
- Baruch This name means “blessed, fortunate.”Jewish most often use the name but it's sometimes found in other households. The name is very uncommon; do not expect to encounter many people, if anyone all, sharing this name.
- Mehir This name means a “reward from God.” It can be given to a girl or a boy.
- Avisha This name means “blessings of God.” Use the name for a boy or a girl.
- Matana Meaning “blessing,” this fun name is unique and feminine but can be alternated for a more masculine sound. Matana is of Hebrew origin.
- BennettA name for boys or girls, Bennett means “the little blessed one.” The name is derived from the Latin name Benedictus and is of English origin.
- Joindah This Muslim name means “God's gift.” People with this name often share characteristics that separate them from the rest of the world, such as understanding and compassion.
- GabrielleThis name most commonly is used for girls, but many boys share the name. Meaning “one who has been given by God,” Gabrielle is a French feminine name of the male name Gabriel.
- Anum A Muslim name meaning “a gift from God,” the name Anum derives from the Quran.
- Zebedee Often shortened to the name Zeb, this Biblical name suits a boy for its masculine qualities but can also work well as a girl's name.
- Jussi This Hebrew name means “Gift from God.” The name is Finnish for Juho and Johannes/John.
- Apakai — This Hawaiian name means “Gift of God.”
- Devadatta This Indian name works for boys and girls. It means “Gift of God” or “king.”
- Aala This Muslim name means “one who is a blessing of Allah.” Aala has a few spelling and pronunciation variations.
- Hanzal — rare name means “Gift of God.” It is sometimes used in Muslim culture.
- Ata Use this name for a boy or a girl. It means “one who has been bestowed by Allah.”
- EllisThe shortened version of Elijah, the name Ellis has Hebrew origins and means “Lord is my God.”
- Buffy The pet name for Elizabeth, the name Buffy means “Promise of God.” It's a cute, noticeable name for any little girl or boy.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Boonyachoat.