This list of boy names that mean strong-willed is filled with a vast selection of handsome options for your little boy. Unusual names like Pallas or Flavian are countered by more common names like Bryan and Liam. Take a look and see what name grabs you!
RELATED: Boy Names That Mean Brave
- Cong-Min The name Cong-Min has Chinese origins. The name is commonly used in Christian families. The boy's name means “intelligent,” an excellent choice for parents seeking a name meaning strong-willed.
- Neron The boy's name Neron means “strength” and comes from Spanish origin. Boys named Neron are said to be outspoken and powerful.
- BryanThe name Bryan means “strong and victorious.” It is the masculine version of the name Briana. Bryan can be spelled Brian and with many other variations.
- Pallas The boy's name Pallas means “wisdom.” It is of Greek origin and an unpopular name not often used in the US. It is a good name for parents who seek originality.
- MaynardThe name Maynard for boys is strong and old-fashioned. The name means “brave” and is of English/Norman origin. The name is both a surname and a given name.
- EzekielThe boy's name Ezekiel was the most popular in the US in 2017. It maintains its popularity in 2022. The name means “god's strength and has a Hebrew/Biblical origin.
- Takeshi A name of Japanese origin, Takeshi is popular in the country but rarely used elsewhere. This name means “military, warrior.”
- Valens The name Valens means “strong, vigorous, healthy” and has a Roman background. It was the name of a famous god during the 17th century.
- Flavian This is a variation of the name Fabion. It means “man of wisdom” and has Latin origins.
- LiamThe name Liam is the most popular boy's name in the U.S. The name means “strong-willed” and has Irish origin.
- Dree This name means “Strong and manly.” It has Greek origin and is very easy to pronounce and spell thanks to having just one syllable.
- Zeki A name meaning “clever,” this male name has Turkish origins. It is very popular in Turkey but not as common in other countries. The name Zeki has two syllables.
- Beren The name Beren means “strong, clever, well-known.” It has Turkish origins.
- Jaka Jaka is the Serbian word for strong. It is a unique name choice for parents who seek something short, simple, and has a great meaning.
- Zubair The name Zubair is unique for a boy in the U.S. It means “brave” and has an Arabic origin.
- Jeonsing: is a good name for parents seeking an Asian boy's name. It means “strong” in Korean.
- Chasin The boy's name Chasin has Hebrew origin. It means “strong.”
- Chidike The name Chidike is unique for a boy. It has African origin and means “the strength of God.”
- Denzel The name Denzel means “from the high stronghold.” It has an English origin and is associated with actor Denzel Washington.
- Swithun The name Swithun is of Old English origin. It means “strong.” It is an unusual, fun name for boys.
- Hakim The Muslim name Hakeem is commonly used in the US and other countries. It means “wise ruler.” It is one of 99 names based on the attributes of Allah.
- Kendry The modern name Kendry means “wise man.” It has an English origin.
- Tsuyoi This is the Japanese word for “strong.” It is a good name for boys if you want a unique, original name that sounds strong and important.
- Meynung This Yiddish word means “mind.” It is a unique name choice for a boy that you will not hear often, if at all.
- Berit The name Berit is simple and short, but certainly unique. This name is used in the US and the UK. It means “wise” and has a Scandinavian origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!