From Autry, which means “noble strength,” to Abir, which means “strong, mighty, courageous,” each of these baby names that mean powerful is unique and delightful. Peruse these options — for both boys and girls — and find the perfect name for your little one.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Strong
- AndersA diminutive of the name Andrew, Anders means “strong and manly.” It has a Scandinavian origin. This name is not often used so it is a good choice for parents looking for a simple and unique name for sons.
- WyattA gender-neutral name meaning “brave at war,” Wyatt is an Old English name. It's been in the Top 100 names since 2014. It is more common as a boys name but mysterious and beautiful when it is used to name a girl.
- GabrielleA unisex name meaning “God is my strength,” Gabrielle has Hebrew origin. This name is fairly popular. Gabrielle is sensual and sweet.
- Alaric A name for boys meaning “all-powerful ruler.” Alaric has a German origin. It is a regal and sophisticated name.
- Autry This name for girls is cute and subtle. It means “noble strength” and has Old French origin.
- Isa A short and simple name meaning “strong-willed,” Isa has a German origin. It is a shortened version of the name Isabella.
- Bree This name is commonly used for girls. It means “strength or exalted one.” It has an Irish origin.
- MarcellaA name for girls meaning “warlike,” Marcella has a Latin origin. It is a fun and stylish name.
- Asta A unisex name meaning “divine strength.” Asta has Norweigen origin.
- Imala This cute name for girls means “strong-minded.” It has Native American origin.
- Takeo Meaning “strong like bamboo,” Takeo has Japanese origin. It is a common name in Japan but rarely heard of in other countries.
- MaynardThis name for boys is both a surname and a given name. It means “hardy, brave, strong” and has a German origin.
- Enzi This name has African origins. It means “powerful.” The name is calming and rarely heard outside of Africa.
- Abir Meaning “strong, mighty, courageous,” the name Abir has Hebrew origin. It is a name with a powerful meaning.
- Shakti This name is fun to say and very original. It has Sanskrit origin and means “power.”
- Abelardo An unusual name meaning “noble and strong,” Abelardo has Spanish origin. It is used in the Latin community but even there, it is a rare name.
- Quirillo This name for boys means “crossing swords, strong.” It has both Greek and Spanish origins.
- Kwan For parents seeking an Asian name, Kwan is a great choice. This name simply means “powerful” and has Korean origins.
- Uzi Meaning “God is my strength,” Uzi has Hebrew origin. It is also the name of a popular semi-automatic pistol.
- Hamzah This name means “lion or strong” and has Arabic origins. It is a great name for a girl or a boy.
- Amzi A short, simple name meaning “powerful,” Amzi is a good pick for girls or boys. Amzi has Hebrew origins.
- Qadir This unusual name for boys means “capable, powerful.” It has Arabic origins.
- Rostam This name means “brave, strongly-built, tall.” It has Persian origins. You hear this name often in places like Turkey and Georgia.
- Mandla The name Mandla means “noble strength.” It has African origin.
- Pacome Meaning “of strong nature,” the name Pacome for boys has French and Greek origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©NotionPic/Shutterstock.com.