Baby names that mean strong-willed run the gamut — from Saffi to Cassidy to Gavi and beyond. Take a look at this list featuring names for both boys and girls and find the perfect fit for your son or daughter.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Strength
- Saffi The name Saffi means “wisdom.” It is of Greek origin. This is a unisex name perfect for a boy or girl. With just two syllables, it is easy to pronounce and spell.
- Chalvant The name Chalvant is most often used to name boys. It has Indian origins and means “a determined person.”
- Amzi The cute name Amzi means “strong, mighty.” It is a Biblical name perfect for parents in Christian families. This is a unisex name.
- Hartman- is a given name and a surname. It is most often associated with actor Phil Hartman. The name means “strong, hearty man.”
- Narve Narve is a unisex name meaning “healthy, strong.” The name has a Dutch origin.
- CassidyThe unisex name Cassidy means “the clever one.”It has Irish origins where it is derived from the surname O Caisade.
- MillicentThe name Millicent is most often used as a girl's name but can work as a name for boys. It means “brave strength” and is of Old French origin.
- Achia A cute, simple name of Sanskrit origin. The name means “one who is immovable or firm of decision.”
- Rillie The name Rillie is a unisex name meaning “courageous one.” It has several spelling variations including Riley. The name has Irish and Gaelic origins.
- Warrick The name Warrick means “strong leader who defends.” It is a name for boys of English origin. The name Warrick sounds strong and determined.
- Ajita A cute name for girls, Ajita is unique and simple. The name means “unconquerable, a winner,” making it a great choice for parents who want t give their daughter a name inspired by being strong-willed. This name has Indian origin.
- AaronAaron is a boy's and girl's name. It can be spelled in several other variations, most often Erin for a girl. This name means “strong, exalter one” and has Hebrew origins.
- Pacome The name Pacome means “of strong nature.” The name is of French origin, most common as a name for boys. Pacome was the name of a saint in the country. This is an unusual name that you do not often hear, especially in the states.
- Gavi A short name for girls, Gavi means “God is my strength.” This name has Hebrew origin and is a diminutive form of the name Gabrielle.
- Boman The name Boman means “a great mind.” It has Persian origins where it is commonly given to boys, but not so much here in the states.
- Senan Meaning “old and wise,” Senan is an old-fashioned name most often used to name boys. It was the name of the ancient founder of monasteries.
- Anah A beautiful name for girls, Anah is often used in Muslim families. The name means “perseverance and patience.”
- Oswald A name for boys meaning “power, ruler,” Oswald has Old English origins. Oswald was most popular during the early 1900s and while rarely used, is not uncommon in the 21st century.
- Kuvira This name for girls means “courageous woman.” It has Indian origin. Kuvira is easy to spell and pronounce and a unique and fun name.
- Nickan Meaning “the winner of war,” Nickan is a unique, fun name that stands out. It is a shortened version of the name Nicholas.
- Azzum The name Azzum means “determined, resolved.” It is a popular name in Muslim families.
- Viljo The name Viljo means “determined, guardian.” It has Finnish origins. This is a unique name for girls that you will not hear often in the US.
- Charumathi This name has Indian origin. It means “beautiful mind.” Though difficult to spell and pronounce the name is cute enough to learn!
- Vikrama This unusual boy's name means “stride, strong.” It is of Indian origin.
- Khine A unisex name meaning “firm.” It is of Burmese origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©pyrozhenka/Shutterstock.com.