To be a survivor is to embody a strong will and type of grit reserved for only the strongest among us. This list of baby names that mean survivor is filled with options that portray those very qualities. Explore these names and find your baby's perfect name!
- Nile Most often associated with the Nile River, this boy's name is masculine, strong, and uncommon. The Greek origin name means “champion.”
- Aaronpopular name in the U.S., ranking #63 on popularity lists, Aaron means “exalted.” It is a good name for a boy or girl and can serve as a middle name as well as a first name.
- Nigellus Not the most popular name on the list, Nigellus is certainly original. It is often given to a boy. The name means “winning person, overcomer, conqueror,” and comes from Irish origins.
- Alsie A cute name for a girl, Alsie means “strong-willed.” This two-syllable name is simple to say and spell and comes from Greek origin.
- Takeshi From Japanese origins, the name Takeshi means “warrior,” a strength all survivors have. It is a name that can be given to either a boy or a girl.
- Jayaj This gender-neutral name means “victory, he who always wins.” The name has Indian origin.
- MaxMax is the shortened form of several different names, including Maxamillion. The name is more commonly used as a girl's name. The word means “greatest.”
- Ghaalib The name Ghaallib most often is given to a boy but can also be given to a girl. The name is beautiful as is its meaning of “to overcome, to defeat.” The name is of Arabic origin and is most often used in Islamic countries.
- Nakoa — A Hawaiian name for either gender, Nakoa means “warrior.”
- CaseyA great name for a boy or girl, Casey has Irish origins and means “brave in battle.”
- Jital This easy name for a girl means “winner.” It is simple to pronounce and spell and has Indian origins.
- AlexThe shortened form of the masculine name Alexander, Alex is a gender-neutral name meaning “protector of mankind.” This name has Greek origins.
- Neron Though you may know this name from DC comics, it is a real name that is often given to a boy. It means “strong” and gives any boy a modern-sounding, fun name people recognize.
- Dreng Most commonly used as a name for boys, Dreng means “brave,” the exact thing that helped every survivor, survive. The name has Norse origins.
- Maud The name Maud originates from the Old German language. It means “powerful battler.” Though popular at one time, it vanished from the top 1000 names list by 1933. Today, Maud is a name most often given to girls in France.
- Jeeta The name Jeeta means “invincible, unconquerable.” It comes of Indian origin.
- AnselAn unusual name for boys, Ansel is confident and strong. The name itself means “protector” and it comes of Hebrew origin.
- Nayla A sweet-sounding name for girls of Indian origin, the name Nayla means “winner” or “successful.”
- Lenna A cute name for girls, Lenna is more popular these days than long ago. The name means “lion strength” and originates from the Old High German name, Leonard.
- Basil The name of a delicious herb also serves as a modern name for boys and girls. The name means “brave” in Arabic.
- Sigourney This name means “conqueror.” Girls who are given this name share it with actress Sigourney Weaver. It comes of French origin.
- Nikkos This great boy's name means “victory over the people.” It has a Greek origin.
- Alesta A beautiful name for girls meaning “protector of mankind,” Alesta is modern and unique. The name is the Scottish-Gaelic form of the Greek name Aletta.
- Prasana A great name for girls, Prasana means “one who is a winner in life” or “a successful person.” the name is of Marathi origin.
- JayaA short, simple name, Jaya sounds smooth and sweet. The name means “victory” and comes from Indian origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©baoyan/Shutterstock.com.