From Asha to Monisha, the list of Indian baby names for girls is lengthy and fantastic — there are some really gorgeous and meaningful options! Take a look at the below list and find a beautiful name for your daughter.
RELATED: Indian Baby Names We Love
- Anaya- is a lovely girl's name that comes from the ancient Sanskrit word anya. It means ‘completely free' and is mostly used in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
- Amita The name Amita is of Indian origin and means limitless. It is a girl's name that is also spelled Amitah or Ameeta.
- Anandi Anandi is the feminine form of Anand. It is of Indian origin and means ‘one who is born out of happiness' or ‘gives pleasure'
- Asha The feminine moniker Asha is a common name in Indian communities. It has origins in Sanskrit and means hope, wish or desire.
- Basanti The name Basanti comes from the Sanskrit word Spring. It's also used in Indian communities as a girl's name.
- Chitrinee/Chitrini name Chitrinee is a feminine name of Indian origin that translates to ‘she with many talents.' Typically, girls bearing this name are of the Hindu religion.
- Devica/Devika Devica is a cute Indian name for girls. It is spelled with a c or k in the fifth position and means ‘derived from God.'
- Divya The female name Divya comes from a Sanskrit word that means ‘divine brilliance.' It also refers to extraordinary.
- Eshana Eshana is an adorable Indian girl's name that means wish or desire. Variant forms of the moniker include Eshanah, Eshanna, and Eshannah.
- Elaxi/Elakshi Recognized as a female name of Indian origin, the name Elaxi (el-axe-e) refers to a ‘woman with bright, beautiful eyes.' It also means compassionate, reliable, generous, and loyal.
- Hanita The name Hanita is a girl's name of Hindi origin. that means ‘divine grace' or ‘grace of the gods.' Hanita also refers to strength and determination.
- JayaJaya is a girl's name taken from a Buddhist female deity. It is of Hindi origin and means victorious.
- Kali – The moniker Kali comes from Sanskrit origin. It is derived from the name Kala, a feminine name that means graceful, beautiful, and artistic.
Kavya – A popular Indian girl's name, Kavya (Kahv-yuh) comes from the classical Sanskrit word Kavita. It refers to a sonnet or devotional poetry.
- Lalita- is a melodious-sounding name attributed to little girls. It's an Indian name that means sweet and elegant.
- Mahima If you're searching for a name that may help your little girl shatter the glass ceiling, Mahima fits the bill. This female moniker is rooted in Indian culture and refers to greatness.
- Mallika Mallika is a feminine name that means ‘scent of Jasmine. It is often given to girls who are of the Hindu, Jain, or Muslim religion.
- Monisha Coming from Indian origin, the name Monisha refers to an ‘intelligent woman. The name has several variations including Moneesha and Moneshaa, and is mainly assigned to females of the Hindu religion.
- Nitya The name Nitya is derived from the Sanskrit word eternal. It is a name usually given to girls.
- OpalOpal is a feminine moniker of Indian origin. The name describes a ‘precious gem' that displays an impressive array of colors when bathed in the light.
- Ranee The name Ranee is a name fit for a queen. In fact, it is a derivative of the name Rani (a Hindu ruler) and literally means queen.
- SalenaSalena is a popular Indian girl's name, meaning ‘moon goddess.' Variations of the moniker include Salina and Selena.
- Sanjita Sanjita is a female Indian name that means invincible or triumphant. It is commonly given to girls of the Hindu religion.
- Shyla Shyla is one of the Parvati goddesses in Hindu mythology. In Indian cultures, the name is attributed to girls and means ‘daughter of the mountain.'
- Tarika The name Tarika is of Indian origin. It is a feminine name that means starlet or small star.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©ViSnezh/Shutterstock.com.