There is perhaps no other more feminine flower than the rose. Both delicate and divine, the rose is a beautiful creation of nature. Explore this list of girl names that mean rose to find an equally-as-beautiful name for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Rose
- Akahana is a Japanese girl's name that merges the word oka, meaning red, and hana, which means flower. The name translates to red rose and is pronounced ah-kah-HAH-nah.
- Altansarnai The Mongolian name Altansarnai means ‘golden rose.' It is a girl's name that is popular among those who practice Buddhism.
- Aysegul Pronounced EYE-shay-gool, the girl's moniker Aysegul means ‘living rose.' It is of Turkish origin and combines the Arabic name Aisha (living) with the Persian word gul (rose).
- Bara Bara comes from Hebrew and Japanese roots. It is a feminine name that refers to a rose.
- Bellerose Bellerose is a delicate-sounding feminine moniker that means ‘beautiful rose.' It is of French and English origins.
- Briallen- is a girl's name of Welsh origin that means primrose. It's the perfect name for a girl born in the spring.
- Bryluen Bryluen is a Cornish name that dates back to the ancient Celtic language. This feminine moniker is pronounced bree-LOO-an.
- Caroa Caroa is a sweet Native American moniker. It is a feminine name that represents a blooming rose.
- Humra The moniker Humra is perfect for a baby girl. It is rooted in the Arabic language. The name, which is popular in Muslim communities, refers to a beautiful rose.
- Kaksha Kaksha is a feminine name rooted in the Hindi language. It means ‘white flower' or ‘white rose.'
- Loxi is a sassy girl's name that means ‘a rose with a pink stem.' It is primarily given to girls born to parents of the Hindu religion.
- Nitzana Nitzana is of Hebrew origin. It is a female moniker that refers to a rosebud.
- Raizel The name Raizel is a popular female name in Israel. It is a Yiddish moniker that translates to rose.
- Rhoda Rhoda is another name for rose. It is a female moniker of Greek origin.
- Rhoswen The moniker Rhoswen is a feminine name of Welsh origin. The name describes a ‘white rose.'
- Rosa The name is rooted in several languages and has multiple meanings. In Latin, the name is associated with a ‘fragrant rose.' In English, the moniker refers to a ‘little rose.'
- Rosabel Rosabel is a charming girl's name of Latin origin. It signifies a ‘beautiful rose.'
- Rosalind- in a Spanish girl's name. It was very popular in the 1940s and means ‘pretty rose.'
- Rose– The name Rose Anna combines two names of Latin and Hebrew origin. It also has roots in the Old Germanic language and includes the variant, Roseanna.
- RosemarieRosemarie blends the names Rose and Marie. It is a French moniker with multiple definitions, including a rose flower.
- Rositais a feminine moniker of English origin. The name is associated with honor and kindness and means ‘queen of roses.'
- Roz The female name Roz refers to a ‘pretty rose.' It has roots in the Latin language.
- Sarnai Sarnai is a Mongolian moniker. It's a beautiful floral name that represents a rose.
- Sirvard Sirvard is a common girl's name in Armenia. It means ‘love rose.
- Zaria- is a feminine Arabic moniker that means rose. It is also the name of a metropolis in Nigeria. Variations of the name include Zariah and Zariyah.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/kiyanochka.