From the exotic-sounding Isla to the more pure-sounding Annabel, this list of Scottish baby names for girls is filled with a variety of beautiful, feminine names. Explore the meanings behind each and decide on the perfect name for your daughter.
RELATED: Scottish Baby Names We Love
- Aileen Pronounced eye-leen, this Scottish girl's name means ‘giver of life.' It's also a variant of the name Helen, which means ‘ray of sunshine.'
- Ailsa Ailsa is a traditional Scottish girl's name. It comes from Scottish and Norse origin and means ‘small victory.'
- AnnabelThis 12th-century Scottish girl's name means loving. There are several spellings, but Annabel is more common among Scots.
- BonnieBonnie is a word that Scots use to refer to beautiful things. It comes from the French word bonne and is used as a feminine name. The girl's name means beautiful or cheerful.
- Caitriona- name Caitriona is a girl's name of Gaelic and Scottish origin. It is a variation of the moniker Catherine and means pure.
- Davina A feminine form of the name David, Davina is listed as a favorite among Scottish girls' names. It comes from the Hebrew language and means ‘little deer.'
- Elspeth If you're a fan of traditional names. consider the moniker Elspeth. It is the Scottish version of the name Elizabeth and means ‘pledged to God.'
- Fiona The female moniker Fiona is of Gaelic and Scottish origin. It means white or fair.
- Gormlaith Pronounced GORM-la, Gormlaith has been used in Scotland since the 11th century. It is of Irish origin and means ‘illustrious lady.'
- Iona Iona is the name of a tiny island off the coast of Scotland. It's also a girl's name that also means dove.
- IslaThe name Isla has remained one of the most popular Scottish girl's names for several years. It refers to the Scottish Island, Islay, and means ‘rocky palace.'
- Isobel The o in the name Isobel makes it uniquely Scottish. It's another female moniker that means ‘pledged to God.'
- Kellina Kellina is a girl's name of Scottish origin. It is a variation of Kelly and means ‘war.'
- Kirstine Kirstine is a classic pick for a girl's name. It is the Scottish equivalent of Christine and means ‘follower of Christ.'
- KyleighKyleigh is the feminine variation of the name Kyle. It has Scottish and Aboriginal roots and means boomerang or ‘narrow spit of land.'
- Lachina The name Lachina is the feminine version of Lachlan. It is of Scottish origin.
- Leana Leana is an attractive girl's moniker that blends the names Lee and Ana. It comes from the Gaelic language and means ‘light beautiful woman.'
- Lilias The name Lilias is a popular Scottish girl's name of Latin origin. It refers to the beautiful lily flower.
- MaisieMaisie is a fitting name for a little gem. It is the Scottish diminutive of Margaret and means pearl or precious.
- Mina Mina is a feminine moniker of German, Polish, and Scottish origin. The name translates to ‘child of the red earth.'
- PaisleyThe name Paisley is perhaps one of the sweetest name choices for a girl. It is a popular Scottish girl's name, which translates to church.
- RowanRowan is of Scottish and Irish origin. It is a unisex name that is most often given to girls. It refers to the ‘rowan tree' (a tree with red berries) and also means ‘little redhead.'
- Shona Shona is a gorgeous Scottish Gaelic moniker. This girl's name means ‘God is gracious.'
- Vaila This adorable girl's name gets inspiration from the Shetland island in Scotland. It simply means ‘foreign isle.'
- Yvaine A combination of Yvonne and Elaine, the moniker Yvaine has an old-fashioned charm. This girl's name is of Scottish origin and translates to ‘evening star.'
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!