From Roisin to Briana, this list of Irish baby names for girls is filled with a beautiful selection with inspiring meanings. Browse through these options and find the perfect fit for your daughter.
RELATED: 25 Irish Baby Names We Love!
- Aisling The name Aisling (Ash-ling) comes from the Gaelic word aislinge and means dream or vision. It is a popular name for Irish girls and also refers to romantic Irish poetry.
- Aoibhinn Aoibhinn (ee-van or ay-veen) was a common name given to Irish princesses. It is a variation of the Irish name Aoibheann, which means ‘beautiful sheen' or radiant beauty.
- Aoife The sweet-sounding name Aoife (ee-fa) means, joyful or radiant. This girl's name derives from the Gaelic word aoibh, which means beauty or pleasure.
- Bree The name Bree comes is of Irish origin. It is a female moniker meaning strength or ‘exalted one.'
- Briana Briana is the feminine form of the name Brian. It is of Irish origin and means ‘righteous and virtuous.'
- Cadhla Cadhla is a girl's name of Irish origin. The name is pronounced ky-lah and means beautiful and graceful.
- Caoimhe Prounouced kwee-va or kee-va, this Irish girl's moniker comes from the Gaelic word caomh, which means beautiful. It also means gentle or precious.
- Cliona Cliona is a popular girl's moniker in Ireland. It is rooted in Irish mythology and means shapely.
- Clodagh Clodagh is the name of a river that runs through Tipperary, Ireland. It is also a girl's name that refers to a female deity.
- Dearbhla Dearbhla (durv-la) is a feminine Irish name that comes from the word dearbh. It is popular in modern Ireland and translates to ‘true desire.'
- Glinnis A variation of the moniker Glenna, the name Glinnis is the feminine form of the masculine name Glen. The name is of Irish origin and also refers to the ‘one from Glen.'
- ImogenFrom the Gaelic word inghean, the moniker Imogen refers to a maiden. It also means innocent.
- KaitlynKaitlyn, also spelled Caitlyn, is a girl's name. It is of Irish origin and means pure.
- KaylaKayla comes from the Irish surname Kayley. It is of Irish Gaelic origin and means slender.
- Laoise Laoise (lee-sha) is the Irish version of the name Louisa. It means ‘radiant girl.'
- Mairead Mairead is a shortened version of the name Irish name Mairghread. This girl's name is a variation of the moniker Margaret and means pearl.
- Muireann In Irish mythology, the name Muireann refers to a 6th-century mermaid who was transformed into a woman after being caught by a fisherman. This feminine moniker means ‘sea white' or ‘sea fair.'
- NoraNora is a girl's name that means light. It is of Irish origin and is a short form of the name Eleonora.
- Orla The name Orla is an old-fashioned girl's moniker that was popular in the 12th century. It is of Irish origin and means ‘golden princess.' girl's moniker that was popular in the 12th century. of Irish origin meaning “golden princess”.
- Riona Pronounced REE-uh-nah, Riona is a girl's name fit for a queen. In fact, this traditional Irish moniker means queenly.
- Roisin The moniker Roisin (ro-sheen) can be traced to the 16th century. It is an Irish girl's name that means ‘little rose.'
- Sadhbh The name Sadhbh (sive) is a girl's name of Irish origin that means ‘sweet and lovely.' It's also the name given to multiple Irish princesses.
- Sile Sile is a variation of the name Sheila. This female moniker is of Irish origin and translates to ‘pure and musical.'
- Tuilelaith Tuilelaith is a feminine moniker of Irish origin. The name means ‘princess of leaping abundance.'
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!