There is perhaps nothing more beautiful than a newborn baby. Gift your daughter a name that means as much to celebrate her entry into the world. This list of girl names that mean beauty is filled with a variety of feminine options that are as beautiful as they are impactful. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Beauty
- Astrid – Bookworms may recognize the name Astrid from the author of the Pippi Longstocking books, Astrid Lingren. Also, Astrid was a heroine in the novel, White Oleander by Jane Finch. From Norse roots, the name means ‘divinely beautiful.’ The moniker also has an association with Scandinavian royalty.
- Bahiyya In the Arabic language, Bahiyya represents beauty. Pronounce this name ba-HEE-yah.
- BellaThe name Bella is rooted in French and Italian languages. It's a variation of Annabelle and Isabella, meaning beautiful.
- Bonita Bonita is a Spanish name that means pretty. Variants of this name include Benita, Bonnie, and Bonny.
- CaliCali is a Greek origin name. This girl's moniker is a short version of Caleigh.
- CallistaCallista is a fitting name for a gorgeous baby girl. It has Greek and French origins and exemplifies beauty.
- Frida Frida comes from the Old Norse word frior. This beautiful name includes multiple alternate spellings, such as Frieda and Freda.
- Indira A name of Sanskrit origin, Indira represents beauty. The name also belonged to India's former prime minister, Indira Gandi.
- Jaeda Jaeda is a female moniker of Arabic origin. It is an alternate spelling of Jada and means ‘long-necked beauty.'
- Jolie This pretty girl's name derives from the French word joli. It's also the middle name of Angelina Jolie, who dropped her last name, Voight.
- Keeva Keeva is an adorable feminine moniker. It comes from the Irish name Caoimhe, which happens to be a top-ranking girl's name in Ireland.
- Kyomi Kyomi is a Japanese girl's name meaning ‘pure and beautiful.' The moniker combines kiyo (pure) and mi (beauty).
- Linda Linda is a girl's name that has stood the test of time. It's rooted in several languages, but the Spanish meaning translates to pretty.
- Mei – Mei is the Chinese version of May. Depending on the characters used, Mei means beautiful or the fifth month.
Mika – The moniker Mika is of Japanese origin. It refers to a ‘beautiful fragrance.'
Miyuki – Miyuki is a cute name for a little princess. The moniker is pronounced mee-YOO-kee and typifies ‘beautiful happiness' in Japanese.
- Naamah/Na'amah Naamah is a female name of Hebrew origin. The moniker symbolizes many feminine attributes from the Bible, such as ‘sweetness, beauty, and grace.'
- Nayana Nayana refers to a person with ‘alluring or beautiful eyes.' The moniker is of Indian origin and stems from the Sanskrit moniker Naina.
- Nomi moniker Nomi is a cross-cultural name with Hebrew and Japanese roots. It symbolizes ‘beauty and pleasantness.'
- Sena Sena has roots in Korean, Hindi, Arabic, and African cultures. The moniker has multiple meanings, including ‘beauty and grace.'
- Shayna- is a feminine moniker favored in Jewish communities. It's a Yiddish-origin name meaning beautiful. Shaina is a variant of this name.
- Tove Pronounced Tov-eh, this modern Scandinavian moniker has Swedish and Norwegian roots. It comes from the Old Norse name Tofa, meaning beauty.
- Venus – In Roman mythology, Venus is the name of the goddess of beauty and love. This name is of Latin origin. Tennis champion Venus Williams also carries this moniker.
Yamileth – Yamileth is a good choice for parents seeking a unique feminine name. This girl moniker derives from the Arabic language.
- Zaina Zaina is a short form of Zaynab and Zainabu. In Arabic and Swahili languages, it means ‘beauty and grace.'
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!