Callista is a Greek baby girl’s name that means “most beautiful”. In Greek mythology, Kallisto was a beautiful nymph that caught the eye of Zeus and was punished for it by Zeus’ wife, Hera. Callista has never been in the top 1000 names but variant spelling Calista was from 1998 to 2004.
Meaning of the name Callista:
Greek: most beautiful
Origin of the name Callista:
Callista is a baby girl’s name of Greek origin that means “most beautiful”. Callista is a variant spelling of Calista and comes from the ancient Greek name Kallisto.
Symbolism of the name Callista:
Callista comes from the name Kallisto. Kallisto was a beautiful nymph that attracted the attention of the god Zeus. Zeus’ wife, Hera, punished Kallisto by turning her into a constellation of stars that became known as the Great Bear.
Style of the name Callista:
Gender of the name Callista:
Callista is a girl's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Callista:
Number of syllables in the name Callista:
Emotion evoked from the name Callista:
Callista evokes feelings of beauty and grace.
Alternative spellings for the name Callista:
Calista, Kalysta, Calysta, Kallista, Kalista
Nicknames for the name Callista:
Popularity of the name Callista:
According to the Social Security Administration, Callista is an uncommon baby girl’s name. Callista has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names. Variant spelling Calista was in the top 1000 between 1998 and 2004.
Related names for the name Callista:
Great middle names for the name Callista and their meanings:
- Adele (noble)
- Sienna (place name)
- Lucy (light)
- London (place name)
- Scarlett (red)
- Ruby (precious stone)
- Daisy (day’s eye)
- Violet (purple)
Famous people with the name Callista:
- Callista Gingrich (U.S. ambassador)
- Callista Clark (American singer)
- Callista Chimombo (former First Lady of Malawi)
- Callista Roy (American nursing theorist)
- Callista McNair (American medical professional)
Callista in popular culture:
- Callista (television, “The Adventures of Puss in Boots”)
- Callista (comics, “Ythaq”)
- Callista Curnow (video games, “Dishonored”)
- Callista Lanart (literature, “Darkover” series by Marion Zimmer Bradley)
- Callista Ming (media, “Star Wars Legends”)