From Brodie to Lachlan to Grant and beyond, this list of Scottish baby names for boys is filled with a variety of handsome options. Explore the rich meanings behind the names and then select the perfect name for your son.
RELATED: Scottish Baby Names We Love
- Alasdair- is a powerful boy's name. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin and means ‘defending men.'
- BrodieThe moniker Brodie is a Scottish surname. It is also a popular first name given to boys.
- Carmichael Carmichael is a great Scottish name for a boy. The moniker refers to the ‘fort of Michael.'
- Dalziel The boy's name Dalziel has climbed steadily since 2006. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin and refers to a ‘small field.'
- DuncanDuncan is a classic Scottish boy's name that means ‘dark warrior.' The moniker also belonged to a king who ruled the Scots from 1034 to 1040.
- ErrolErrol is a cool boy's name with Scottish roots. It means ‘commander or ‘a noble man.'
- EvanderThe oh-so-cute boy's name Evander is of Scottish origin. It refers to a ‘strong man.'
- Ewan Pronounced YOO-un, Ewan is a masculine name of Scottish origin that means ‘born of the yew tree.' Other spellings of the name include Ewen, Eoin, and Euan.
- Forbes If you're looking for a masculine name that exudes wealth, the moniker Forbes may fit the bill. The name stems from Scottish and Gaelic origins and comes from a surname from the mid-1200s. Not only does an American financial magazine bear its name, but it also translates to wealthy or headstrong.
- GavinThe name Gavin is a derivative of the moniker Gwaine. It is of Celtic and Scottish origin and means ‘white hawk.'
- Graham- is a strong name for a boy. It refers to a wall in Scotland as Graham's Dyke.
- GrantGrant is a masculine moniker of Scottish origin. It means large.
- Gregor The name Gregor is a Scottish name that means vigilant or watchman. It is a variant of Gregory.
- Hamish Hamish is the Scottish variation of the boy's name James. It means ‘the supplanter.'
- Kester Scottish in origin, the name Kester is a variation of Christopher. The name refers to ‘one who carries Christ.
- KnoxThe boy's moniker Knox can be traced back to a surname from the 13th century. It means ‘top of the hill' and is of Scottish origin.
- LachlanThis unique name is pronounced LACK-lin. The name has Scottish roots and translates to ‘land of the Vikings.'
- Laird Laird is a masculine moniker. It is of Scottish origin and means ‘lord of the land.'
- MalcolmMalcolm is a friendly boy's name. It means ‘devotee of St. Columba' and is of Scottish origin.
- Maxwellis a Scottish name that means ‘great stream.' It also ” means ‘from Maccus' Spring.'
- Paden Paden is a unique boy's name with English and Scottish roots. It means ‘little nobleman.'
- Ross The masculine name Ross comes from the surname of a prominent family in Scotland. It is rooted in the Celtic language and refers to an ‘upland peninsula.'
- Sanders The name Sanders is of Scottish origin. This boy's name refers to ‘defending men.'
- Sorley Sorley is a boy's name that comes from the Scottish Gaelic word Somhairle. The meaning translates to ‘summer wanderer' or ‘summer sailor.'
- StuartThe meaning of the name Stuart is quite literal. It comes from the royal house of Scotland of the 14th century and means steward, referring to a person charged with the care and affairs of the royal estate.
- Teague If you're looking for a boy's name that celebrates the oral tradition, the moniker Teague may suffice. It's of Scottish origin and means bard or poet.
- Watson Watson is an edgy boy's name of English and Scottish origin. It means ‘son of Wat.'
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!