Whether you're looking for boy names that mean white, or names that indicate something is lighter, this list of options is filled with a tremendous selection. From Laban to Wynn to Oren and beyond, explore these names — complete with meanings and origins — and find the perfect fit for your son.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean White
- BarryThis common masculine title first took hold in Irish and Gaelic-speaking cultures. In those tongues, the designation means fair-haired. Additionally, Barry continues to be an immensely popular name in English-speaking countries.
- Dewitt Dewitt is a masculine name meaning white or blonde-haired. A noted holder is the late politician Dewitt Clinton.
- Heimdall Norwegian parents might title newborn sons Heimdall. In their native tongue's old dialect, the designation translates to white God.
- Mackinley Mackinley is a masculine moniker holding Irish and Scottish ancestry. In said tongues, said honorific means son of the white warrior.
- Wilbur The mothers and fathers of infant sons might designate said children Wilbur. This German-rooted denomination means white. One of its most celebrated possessors is the late father of aviation, Wilbur Wright.
- WynnThis male title means white in the Welsh tongue. Some language historians suggest the name also recognizes fairness and equity.
- Wycombe Wycombe is considered a classic English moniker. The honorific dates back to the old English dialect and translates to white valley.
- Fulvio Persons of Italian ancestry might designate newborn sons Fulvio. It denotes an individual with white or blonde hair.
- Gael The denomination Gael hails from the Gaelic language. It primarily means white or fair. However, this title also translates to pure. Currently, it is a very popular name in Gaelic-speaking territories and beyond.
- Laban Sons born to Jewish or Hebrew-conversing individuals might be designated Laban. The title means white and dates all the way back to biblical times.
- Gaynor This masculine moniker is often given to boys born to Irish or Gaelic-speaking persons. Language historians maintain that the honorific translates to the phrase son of a fair-skinned subject.
- OrenIn the Hebrew, Irish, and Gealic tongues, Oren is interpreted to mean white or fair. Presently, the denomination continues to grow in popularity and holds several accepted spellings.
- TrevinTrevin is rooted in old English origins. In said language, the designation means fair town.
- Rubio Moms and dads possessing Spanish roots might opt to name infant sons Rubio. In that language, the title honors one born with blonde or fair hair.
- Karem Karem is a boy's name principally meaning fair or white. However, the Turkish and Hungarian-originating moniker also recognizes nobility and generosity.
- Duane This title traces its beginnings to old English. Duane means fair-haired and has been a consistently common denomination for years.
- Calogero Italian parents might name newborn sons Calogero. Though the title's principle definition is fair, it also translates to mean old age.
- Caerwyn Caerwyn is considered a strong title typically given to Welsh boys. Its primary meaning is white. That said, language experts also maintain that said honorific celebrates love, fairness, and blessedness.
- Bowie This male denomination carrying Scottish and Gaelic roots translates to blonde. Though it can be and is employed as a first name, it is often first recognized as the surname of the legendary, late rock star David Bowie.
- Bialas Polish mothers and fathers may designate newborn boys Bialas. In said tongue, the honorific translates to the phrase white-haired child.
- Adil Adil is a boy's name. In Arabic, the title is interpreted to mean fair or white. That said, the denomination additionally celebrates intelligence.
- Alfio In Italian, this moniker means white. Name historians claim that, as recently as 2018, the title was one of the top honorifics bestowed upon baby boys in Italy.
- Shahaka Native Americans or those fond of said cultures might name infant sons Shahaka. This name is thought to translate to the saying big white one.
- Guin The beginnings of this masculine title lie in the Welsh tongue. Guin's main meaning is white. However, the designation also recognizes blessings.
- Tanwyn – Tanwyn is another Welsh-originated honorific. It means white fire.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©kaitong.yepoon/Shutterstock.com.