This list of Sanskrit baby names for girls is filled with a delightful selection of feminine options. From Esha to Lavani to Devika, each name is unique and impactful. Take a look and find the perfect name for your daughter.
RELATED: Sanskrit Baby Names We Love!
- Aadrika This is a lovely baby girl name that gives honor to the Celestial being, Apsara. An intriguing and thoughtful name for your newborn.
- Avni A simple female name of Sanskrit origin. The meaning is “the earth”. Other meanings are “the course of a river or the bed of a river”.
- Bhanavi This is a flowing name that gives grace to nature. Bhanavi means “belongs to the sun” in Sanskrit.
- Bhavika For the sensitive female that “is full of emotion and expression”. This is a Sanskrit favorite.
- Charvi A soft and beautiful name, Charvi represents a female newborn of Indian descent. It means “beautiful lady”.
- Devanshi This is the feminine version of the male name Devansh. Both names mean “one who is a part of the divine being”.
- Devika A special tribute to a baby girl of Sanskrit origin. Devika stands for “little goddess”.
- EshaA short and pleasant baby girl name, it is easy to pronounce and remember. It means “wish”.
- Hansika Meaning “little swan” this Indian name gives a sweet touch to a baby girl. It also flows softly from the lips.
- Hasini This is a lovely name for a baby girl of Sanskrit origin. Meaning “delightful”, it will always have a special meaning.
- Iditri A special name should accompany a newborn baby girl and Iditri does just that. Meaning “one worthy of praise”, will always have special meaning.
- Jigyasa A baby girl name that points toward the future. Jigyasa means “desire to know and learn”, in Sanskrit origin.
- Kavya A beautiful Indian name fit for a baby girl. The Sanskrit meaning is simply “poem”.
- Lavani The sound of this name is delightful and perfect for a precious baby girl. It means “grace and beauty”.
- Malavika A lovely female name of Sanskrit origin. It comes from a “Himalayan plant” and is the name of the heroine of Kalidas's play, Malvika Agnimitra.
- Namasya This name is common in Hindu nations for females. It means “adoration; reverence”.
- Nivedita A popular name that originated from Sanskrit. This is a good name for a baby girl that means “one who is entrusted with dedicated service; compassionate”.
- Pradyusha Also spelled Prathyuksha and Prathyusha, this is a girl's name that is common in Indian, Sanskrit, and Bengali. It means “sunrise”.
- Rasika A cute feminine name for a girl of Indian descent. It means “graceful and elegant or the juice of sugarcane”.
- Surabhi A female name with an air of sophistication. Originally from Sanskrit, it means “beautiful; fragrance; springtime”.
- Talika A pretty female name for a newborn baby girl. The meaning is “Palm of the hand; a medicinal plant; a gemstone or ornament”.
- Trushita This is an unusual, but pretty female name. Of Sanskrit origin, it means “desirous or thirsty”.
- Upasana If you are looking for a female baby name that is different from many other names, here is a nice one. Upasana means “worship and adoration”.
- Yamini This unusual name is a female Sanskrit name that is also known as Yaminee or Yaminni. It means “nocturnal or of the night”.
- Yashtika A lovely name for an Indian baby girl and the meaning even more fitting. “A string of pearls” describes the name with Sanskrit excellence.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!