From Frostine to Berfin, each of these girl names that mean winter is delightfully feminine and unique. Explore the options and find the perfect fit for your daughter. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Winter
- Aeronwen A Welsh girl's name that means snow-white berry. This is a unique name that has a memorable meaning. Can use Aeron for short.
- Alcyone A Greek name for a baby girl that means kingfisher. Perfect for the active and vocal little girl.
- Amihan From November to May, cool northeastern winds bring winter storms across the Philippines. Amihan is a girl's name that represents this period of the year. A chic and lovely name for a newborn baby girl.
- Aneira This is a Welsh name that means very snowy. Perfect for that little girl born on a winter's morn.
- Berfin The name of a winter flower, Galanthus, meaning snowdrop. A nice rare girl's name that also means snow in Kurdish.
- Blanche Popular in the 19th and 20th centuries as a girl's name that means white. Originated in French and English countries. An old-fashioned name for a quiet, beautiful baby girl.
- Bora Short and sweet, Bora is an Albanian name meaning snow. Also popular as a boy's name in Turkey.
- Cherith Hebrew meaning winter stream. Flowing and beautiful, Cherith is a unique name for a baby girl born in the winter.
- Crystal An English word that signifies ice. A special and sweet name to give a beautiful baby girl.
- Drifa A unique Icelandic girl's name for a lovely baby girl. Means snowdrift in the wintertime.
- Eiren This name puts you in mind of the fairy tale, Snow White. Pretty and classic, Eiren is a precious baby girl's name for winter.
- ElsaMade popular by the movie Frozen, Elsa is a Scandinavian name for a pretty girl.
- Fjolla Popular in Kosovo, Fjolla is an Albanian female name that means ‘snowflake'. Great name when you are looking for something different.
- Flykra A rare and intriguing name for a girl, Flykra is of German and Danish origin. Meaning snowflake, it is lovely for a winter baby girl.
- Frostine A French name meaning snow. For those looking for a more sophisticated name for their winter baby girl.
- Fuyuko In Japan, my winter child says it all with Fuyuko. Pleasing and also the name of a famous painter, this girl's name has a special ring to it.
- Haukea Tropical Hawaiian female name that means white snow. A lovely and unique name for a baby born in the winter months.
- Himi Himi is a short and sweet girl's name that is popular in Indian culture. Also used in Bengali and other surrounding countries. Its meaning is snow.
- HollyA popular English name that plays a part in the goodness of the winter season. Best known as the evergreen holly tree but has been adopted as a girl's name born around the winter holiday season.
- Icyln This would be a rare and beautiful name for a girl. It is of English origin and means ‘ice'. The perfect reminder of that blessed winter day.
- Kalda Perfect for a baby girl that means cold or chills. Originated from ancient Norse. Also a popular brand of footwear and purses.
- NatashaA popular female name in Russia that means Christmas or winter holiday. Also used in other Russian countries.
- Nieves Representative of the Virgin Mary our Lady of the Snows in the Spanish culture. Meaning snow, a lovely name for a baby girl.
- Piren Piren comes from the Mapuche people of Chile. It means to snow or hail and is a lovely name for a baby girl with a Spanish background. A true traditional Mapuche name.
- ViolaA lovely name for a baby girl born in the winter months. Viola is a Latin word for winter flowers.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Vect0r0vich.