From Lumi to Garnet to Elsa, this list of girl names that mean snow is filled with delicate and feminine options. Peruse the list and find the perfect name for your daughter!
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Snow
- Alba Alba means bright or white. The Spanish origin name inspires thoughts of bright white snow.
- Crystal Crystal is a common girls name. In association with snow, crystals are like icicles. When the sun shines on snow, it shines like bright crystals too.
- Elsa – Elsa was made popular by the movie franchise Frozen. It inspires images of the ice queen. Since ice and snow go together, it's a perfect snow-inspired name.
- BlancaBlanca like Alba, Blanca is a Spanish origin name. It translates to white, which inspires images of snow and icicles.
- BiancaBianca is an Italian name that means white. What better way to reference the color of winter than white snow.
- Frostine Frostine is a beautiful and unusual little girls name. In French, the word means snow. It is also the name of the Queen in Candyland.
- Blanche Blanche is a French name. When translated, Blanche means white, which is the official color of snow and winter.
- GarnetGarnet is the birthstone for those born in January. Since January is usually the coldest and snowiest month of the year, it's a great name for babies born on snowy January days or nights.
- GuinevereGuinevere is an English name that means white. Many Guineveres will shorten the name to Gwen. Other versions of Guinevere include Gwyneth and Gwendolyn, which can also be shortened to Gwen.
- Lumi Lumi is a Finnish word name that means snow. It is a beautiful name that is pretty to say.
- NatashaNatasha is a traditionally Russian name. Natasha in Russian means Christmas. Since there's nothing better than a white Christmas, Natasha is a great snow-inspired baby girl name. Nicknames for Natasha include Nat and Tasha.
- ViolaViola is the name of a hardy flower that does well in cold weather. Violas have a reputation for staying alive after the first frost. Violas are easy to spot in winter months because of their deep color saturation.
- Diamond Diamond is an American origin name. When the snow is fresh and light, it sparkles like a diamond.
- Robin Robin refers to the winter bird, the Robin. It is a bright red bird that is easy to see when resting on a snow-covered branch.
- Fiona – Fiona is a Scottish name meaning white. Fiona was made popular because it was used as the name of a central character in the movie franchise Shrek.
- Nivea Nivea has Portuguese and Brazilian origins. It translates to snow-white.
- WinterWinter is the perfect name for baby girls born on a snowy winter day. It was also the name of a famous dolphin who lost his tail. Winnie would be an adorable nickname or shortened version of Winter.
- DemetriaDemetria is the name of the goddess of winter. The name can be shortened to Demi. Demi Moore and Demi Lovato are both famous actresses that go by this nickname.
- IvyIvy is a winter flower. When all the trees and plants are dead or dying in the snow, Ivy continues to grow and shine.
- VioletViolet is the birthstone for the month of February. Although short in days, February is considered one of the longest months of the year because of snowfall and cold wintry temperatures.
- NatalieNatalie is the name traditionally given to baby girls born on Christmas day. If your due date is near Christmas and there is snow on the ground, it's the perfect choice. Nicknames for Natalie include Nat and Natty. Natalia is a version of Natalie. With the alternate spelling, Tally is the most commonly used nickname.
- LuciaLucia is the name of a Swedish saint. Saint Lucia was born during the Christmas season, which allows the name to be associated with snow.
- Iclyn Iclyn immediately inspires images of ice and snow. It has a pretty translations as well. It means idealistic.
- Neve Neve is a pretty girls' name. It is a great choice for a first name and the one-syllable makes it a perfect middle name as well.
- KarliKarli is a Turkish word that means “snow-covered” or “snowy.” It is pronounced Carly, which is a popular American origin name.
- HollyHolly berries are a popular winter berry that can easily be seen when it snows. The alternative spelling of Holly is Hollie.
- Audra Audra is a Lithuanian name that means storm. Since snow usually falls during snowstorms, Audra is a fantastic snow-inspired name.
- Kirsi Kirsi in Finnish means frost, which is directly related to snow. Kirsi is also a popular nickname for Christina.
- Olwen Olwen is the perfect baby girl name for parents that want something unique and snow-inspired. It is a Welsh word that means “white footprint.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/fotiksonya.