From Kanish to Chetas to Mandeep and beyond, this list of Sanskrit baby names is filled with a colorful selection of options. Peruse the names and explore their meanings to find the perfect name for your child.
RELATED: Sanskrit Baby Names for Boys AND Sanskrit Baby Names for Girls
- Ahan This is a popular baby boy name used in India. It represents “the first ray of sunshine”.
- Aadyot If you are looking for something unusual and worthy, Aadyot is the perfect name for a newborn baby boy. Its translation is “praise”.
- Arunima A pretty female Sanskrit name, it is common among Indian countries. It means “red glow of the early morning sunlight”.
- Chaitri This beautiful name for a Hindu baby girl is often used upon birth in March or April. It translates to “the full moon in the month of Chaitra”.
- Charu Here is a simple, but unique, female Sanskrit name. It is soft and easy to pronounce and means “attractive; beautiful; pleasing”.
- Chetas Chetas represents a male with a bright future. It is a popular Sanskrit name and means “consciousness or mind”.
- Diyan A simple and strong name for a baby boy. It is an unusual name and means “lamp”.
- Gaurivi Gaurivi is a popular name among boys of Sanskrit origin. It stands for “pride, respect, and dignity”.
- Hansin This is a baby boy name used in Hindi, Hindu, Bengali, Indian, and other Sanskrit communities. It is another name for Krishna and means “the Universal soul”.
- Ila A lovely Hindu girl's name that is unusual but fitting for a beautiful baby. It means “light, a woman from the earth”.
- Iha A mysterious sounding girl's name that is feminine in gender. It represents “request or desire”. Popular in the Indian culture.
- Jaivant Jaivant is quite common in Sanskrit circles. It is used as a baby boy's name and means “victorious”. Jaiveer also has this same meaning.
- Kanish Kanish is becoming more popular where it was once a rare name. This is a treasured baby boy name of Sanskrit origin which means “caring”.
- Malavika “A beautiful Himalayan plant” This female name was also made popular as the name of the heroine of Kalidas's play, Malvika Agnimitra.
- Lela Not used often in Hindu nations, Lela is a name that cannot be ignored by those looking for a unique baby girl name. Meaning “black beauty”, it is truly a worthwhile name to have.
- Mridul This is a popular baby boy name of Sanskrit origin. Meaning “soft and calm”, it is a pleasing name for your newborn.
- Manan If you are searching for a unique name with an Indian origin, Manan is a boy name that expresses “thinking”.
- Mihira “The sun, moon, wind, and clouds” is the original meaning for this Sanskrit baby girl's name. As beautiful as a gem, many parents choose to honor their infant girl with this name.
- Niju A rare occasion such as a baby's birth calls for a rare and radiant name. Niju is a female name that has the power of meaning “Pansophist (someone with universal knowledge)” This is a simple and stunning name.
- Madhuk If your baby boy has a sweet smile and sweet disposition, name him Madhuk. The Sanskrit origin is “sweet like a honey bee”.
- Mandeep This male name has survived the test of time. It is a common name and means “the light of the mind”.
- Pallav This is a sensitive name for a baby boy. The Sanskrit meaning is “new leaf” and translates to life, rejuvenation, and hope.
- Shuchi While Shuchi is not a common name, it is sweet-sounding and has a meaning to match. Perfect for a newborn baby girl meaning “pure”.
- Utkarsha A classic Sanskrit name for a baby girl, the name sings with melody. It translates to “energy” in Sanskrit.
- Yuvan This is a powerful male name that will bring honor to your family. Meaning “strong”, it is fairly common.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!