From Merla, which means “blackbird,” to Verona, which means “crow” in Russian, each of these girl names that mean crow is feminine and unique. Explore the options — complete with origin and meaning — to find the perfect name for your baby girl.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Crow
- Merla An old-fashioned name meaning “blackbird,” Merla has Old English origin.
- Fala A simple name that rolls off the tongue, Fala is of native American origin and means “crow.”
- Palila A beautiful name of Hawaiian origin, Palila is feminine and cute as well as unique in most places. This name means “bird.”
- Circe The name of a Greek goddess as well as Zippora: This name means “bird.” It's of Hebrew origin and can be spelled with singular or double p's.
- Jena Jena means “little bird.” It has Arabic origins. This name was very popular in the U.S. and other countries at one time but usage has shrunk over the years. It was the 2,880th most popular name for girls in 2020.
- AvaThe short, simple, and playful name means “bird.” It has Latin origins.
- Pakshi A cute girl's name meaning “bird,” Pakshi has Indian origin. It is a popular name in India.
- Zitkala This cute name for girls means “little bird.” It is a good name for parents wanting something unique and modern. The name has Native American origins where it's still commonly used.
- Daya This two-syllable name for girls has a somewhat brutal definition but is cute and simple. It means “bird of prey” and has a Sanskrit origin.
- Nydia A cute name for girls of Latin origin, Nydia means “home, nest, or refuge.” The name is a nice alternative to the name Lydia.
- Cyerra The girl's name Cyerra means “little dark one,” a creative name for crow lovers. It has several spelling variations, including Ciara. The name is of Irish origin.
- Hrafnhild This name is an Icelandic-approved girl's name rarely used outside this region. It may be difficult to pronounce but certainly meets the criteria for uniqueness.
- Cholena A cool-sounding name with modern vibes, Cholena originates from Deleware Indians. It means “bird.”
- Verona Choose Verona for a name for girls if you want originality. The name means “crow” in Russian.
- EvelynA sophisticated name of Irish origin, Evelyn means “beautiful bird.” In 2020, Evelyn was the 9th most popular name for girls in the U.S.
- Jarita An uncommon but beautiful name for girls, Jarita means “mother” or “little bird.” It has Indian origins.
- Loa Pronounced “Loo-ah,” this two-syllable name from Scandavanian origin means “spring bird.” It's a great choice for a unique crow-related name for girls.
- Birdie The name Birdie can be a nickname for Elizabeth and other names. It is a cool name for parents searching for a name with a crow meaning.
- Kaki This two-syllable name for girls is simple and charming. The name is fun to say and means “blackbird.” It has a Hindu origin.
- Sacagawea This Native American name means “bird woman.” It is an unusual name for girls.
- Tajra An unusual name for girls, Tajra means “bird” and has Arabic origins.
- Jemisha The name Jemisha means “queen of darkness.” It has a Sanskrit origin. This name is simple and a top trending name in the U.S.
- Kiora Meaning “little dark loved one,” Kiora has a Celtic origin. Girls with this lovely name are often ambitious, energized, and full of life.
- Mei The name Mei is of Japanese and Chinese origin. It means “dark,” which certainly describes a crow. This name is fairly common but a simple, elegant name that freely flows from the tongue.
- TamalaAnother unique name for girls is Tamala. This name has African origins and means “dark tree.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/Jane Semina.