A glimpse of the sky inspires feelings of infinite possibilities and potential. Conjure the same for your newborn by giving your son a name from this list of boy names that man sky. From Bhanu to Nigel to Naseem, each is impactful and strong. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Strong
- Aither An attractive boy name of Greek origin, this name is rare. It means “spirit of the air”.
- Akash A meaningful name for a baby boy, Akash is of Hindu origin. It stands for the sky and open space. Many believe it was the first element ever made.
- Anil Of Indian mythology, this short male name is simple and meaningful. Anil is the God of wind and the meaning is “the air and the wind”.
- Ashvin This is a delightful boy name of Hindu origin. In addition to meaning “first star in the sky”, it can also mean “the Lord of visions”.
- Bhanu An intriguing name for a baby boy from the Sanskrit language of India. It stands for “the sky”.
- Caelestis This is a strong boy's name that is Roman in origin. It means “sky or heavenly”.
- Ekambar Here is a name you will not forget for your baby boy. Of Indian origin, it means “sky”.
- Erjon Of Albanian descent, Erjon is a strong boy's name. It means “the wind in the sky”.
- Goku A short Japanese name for a baby boy that has gained popularity through Dragonball Z. The original meaning is “aware of emptiness” in regard to the sky.
- Keyne This is a very hip-sounding name for a baby boy. Of Celtic origin, it means “man of the Eastern sky”.
- Mahpiya An unusual boy's name from the Native American culture. It means cloud or sky.
- Matuu A different type of name for a baby boy. Matuu was the Polynesian God of wind.
- Mellan This would make a memorable name for a baby boy. Of Irish/Gaelic origin, it means “lightning in the sky”.
- Naseem Here is a popular Arabic name for a baby boy. It means “breeze”.
- NathanielA classy sky name from Hebrew origin is always popular. A boy's name that is beloved means “a gift from heaven”.
- Neifion Of Welsh origin, this could be a unique boy's name. Meaning “moist wet clouds”, it takes the name Neptune to a Welsh twist.
- NeilA strong boy's name that is the English version of Niall of Gaelic origin. It means “cloud”.
- NigelThis Latin name is used worldwide and is a good strong name for a boy. It is a sky name meaning “cloud”.
- Ouranos Ouranos is the Greek god of the sky. It would make a good name for a strong and powerful male. Its meaning is “sky, heaven”.
- Payne A very cool name for a boy that is Mapudungan in origin. The meaning is sky blue.
- Phirun From the little-known language of Khmer, Phirun is a male name. He was the rain God in many myths.
- Riyon Indian in origin, Riyon is an authoritative name for a boy. It means “an immense beauty of heaven”.
- SamirSamir is a simple name for a baby boy. It is of Hindi origin and means “wind and air”.
- VanThis short, cool name is perfect for a baby boy. Of Chin/Burmese roots, it means “sky or heaven”.
- Zeru This uncomplicated name would be splendid for a baby boy. Short and of Basque origin, it stands for sky.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/kokoroyuki.