Expecting a little boy? If you want to set the foundation for a lifetime of brilliance and a cheery disposition, consider a boy name that means sun. Here are 25 options to get you started on your name selection journey.
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Sun
- Ataru Ataru is a name of Japanese origin. It has several meanings based on the kanji. It holds several meanings “sunshine, heaven, spring, light, bright”.
- Diell Diell is a name of Albanian origin. It’s a masculine name that means “sun”.
- Elio Elio is an Italian baby boy’s name that means “sun”. Elio is a Greek variant of the name Helios.
- Haru Haru is a unisex Japanese name that has various meanings based on the kanji. It means “sun, light, spring, clear weather”. The name is also the Korean word for “day”.
- Haul Haul is a name of Welsh origin. It’s a boy’s name that means “sun”.
- Helios Helios means “sun” in Greek. It was also the name for the Greek sun God who rode across the sky daily in a chariot.
- Hito Hito is of Japanese origins. It’s a baby boy’s name that holds several meanings. It means “warrior, light, sun, male”.
- Langa Langa is an African surname from the Tonga tribe. It’s given to baby boys. The name means “sunshine”.
- Rashmi Rashmi is a Hindu name commonly used in India and Nepal. It’s considered a unisex name, but it’s given more to females than males. It means “ray of light”.
- SamsonSamson derives from the Hebrew word for sun semes. Samson was also the name of a God. Samson watched over Israel as God did.
- Heliodoro Heliodoro is from the Greek name Heliodoros. It means “sun, gift”. It’s also the name of a saint.
- Günay Günay is a Turkish surname and is usually given as a first name to both sexes. It means “sun, moon”.
- Dashinima Dashinima is of Buryat, Tibetan origin. It combines good fortune and sun. It’s a baby boy’s name and means “lucky sun”.
- Arki Arki is a name of Indian origin. it’s a popular baby boy’s name and means “radiant, sun”.
- Ravindra Ravindra is a boy’s name of Indian origin. It’s an alternative name for the Hindu God Surya. It means “Lord of the sun”.
- CyrusCyrus has a Persian origin and is a popular name in Iran. It has two meanings “sun, one who bestows care”.
- Eleodoro Eleodoro is of Spanish and Greek origin. The name is given to baby boys and means “gift from the sun”.
- Gisli Gisli is a name given to males. It comes of Scandinavian, Old Norse, Icelandic origin. The name means “ray of sunshine”. The name has a Norwegian variant Gisle.
- Ravi Ravi is an extremely popular name that means “sun”. It’s a name given to the Hindu sun god. The name is primarily a baby boy’s name but has gained traction among baby girls.
- Sulien Sulien is of Welsh origin. It’s a variant of the baby boy name Julian. The name means “sun born”. It’s also the name of a Saint.
- Taner Taner is a Turkish surname and first name given to baby boys. It comes from two Turkish words “Tan, Er”. Together the name means “dawn warrior, sun warrior”.
- Surya Surya is primarily a baby boy’s name from Indonesia. In Hinduism, the name takes after the sun god.
- Baskara Baskara is a name that has a few origins. The Indonesian meaning of the name means “sun”. In Sanskrit, the name means “light maker”.
- Horus Horus is a name of Egyptian origin. It’s the name of a sky god in ancient Egyptian mythology. It means “God of Light”.
- Ishaan Ishaan is a Hindu name that was given to the deity Shiva. It’s a baby boy name that means “the sun”.
Having a daughter? Here are 25 Girl Names That Mean Sun.