If you're expecting a little boy, and you have a particular passion for the intrigue of outer space, then perhaps you should explore this list of boy names that mean galaxy. From Cyrus to Cosmo to Orion and so many more, each of the names is unique and worthy of your consideration. Check them out!
RELATED: Boy Names That Mean Sky
- Alioth Alioth is an astronomical Arabic name for boys. While its literal meaning is “the sheep's fat tail,” Ailoth is the common name for “Epsilon Ursae Majoris” within the Ursa Major constellation.
- Altair Altair is an astronomical Arabic boy's name. While it means “eagle,” Altair is a star within the Aquila constellation.
- ApolloApollo is a galactic Greek boy's name. Apollo was the Greek god of the sun and also the inspiration for NASA's Apollo program.
- Aster Aster is a galactic Greek boy's name. This name means “star.”
- Astrophel Astrophel is a galactic Greek boy's name. This name means “star lover.”
- Castor Castor is an Latin boy's name with starry merit. While named for one of the twin founders of Rome, this name also shows up as a star within Gemini.
- Ciro Ciro is a starry-eyed Italian boy's name. This name means “sun.”
- Cosmo Cosmo is a universal boy's name from English and Italian. It literally means “universe.”
- CyrusCyrus is a planetary Persian boy's name. It means “sun.”
- Deimos Deimos is a galactic Greek boy's name. It means “terror” but is also the name of one of Mars' moons.
- Draco Draco is a galactic Greco-Latin boy's name. It means “dragon” but is also the name of a constellation.
- ElioElio is an celestial Italian and Spanish boy's name. It is a shortened form of Helios, a Greek sun god.
- HalleyHalley is an astral Anglo-Scot boy's name. While it means “woodland clearing,” it is also the namesake of a comet.
- Izar Izar is a galactic boy's name from Basque. It means “star.”
- JupiterJupiter is a Roman boy's name from the stars. Jupiter was the Roman god of thunder and also the namesake of the fifth planet in our solar system.
- LeoLeo is a celestial Latin boy's name. It means “lion” but also happens to be a constellation.
- Mars Mars is a celestial Latin boy's name. It refers to both the Roman god of war and the fourth planet of our solar system.
- OrionOrion is a galactic Greek boy's name. While it refers to a mythological Greek hunter, it was also the chosen name of a constellation.
- Orpheus Orpheus is a galactic Greek boy's name. Orpheus was a bard in Greek mythology whose name also graces an asteroid and astral telescope.
- RoryRory is a masculine form of the of astral Latin name Aurora. This name means “dawn.”
- SamsonSamson is a heliocentric Hebrew boy's name. While Samson figures into a Biblical story, his name is also the Hebrew word for sun.
- Saturn Saturn is a celestial Latin boy's name. Saturn was the Roman god of agriculture and his name also graces the sixth planet of our solar system.
- Sirius Sirius is a galactic Greco-Latin boy's name. This name means “burning” but is also the inspiration for the brightest burning “dog star” in the night sky.
- Vulcan Vulcan is a celestial Latin boy's name. Beyond being the name of the Roman god of fire and forge, Vulcan was the name of an planet alleged to exist between Mercury and our sun.
Follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!