From Alya to Ciela to Miku and beyond, this list of girl names that mean sky is filled with a variety of feminine and strong-sounding names. Explore the list and find a delightful option for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Strong
- Aethra This is a pretty female name that can also be spelled Aithra. It is of Greek origin and means bright sky.
- Ahana Here is a Japanese name that is pretty sounding for a girl. Sky flower is the meaning and it rolls easily off of the tongue.
- Alya A girl's name that means “sky or heavenly”. It is of Arabic origin.
- Amberley This name stems from 12th century England and is a stunning name for a little girl. It is a sky name meaning amber of the moon and sun.
- Anila Here is a precious name that is rare and pretty for a baby girl. Of Hindi origin, it means “child of the wind”.
- Anore Taken from the old Greenland name of Anori, this is a favorite girl's name in Japan. It means “wind in the sky”.
- Amaterasu Amaterasu was a Japanese sun goddess and makes a very special name for a little girl. It means “heaven and sky”.
- AraceliLatin American/Spanish roots designed this lovely girl name meaning “alter in the sky”. It is pronounced a-ra-SEH-lee.
- AriaOne of the top 100 most popular girl names thanks to Game of Thrones. It is of Italian origin and means “air”.
- Azurine A rich and classy French name that is perfect for your darling little girl. It means “sky blue”.
- Breeze Short and sweet, Breeze is a memorable name for a girl. It is of English origin and stands for “light gentle wind”.
- CelesteSpanish/French in origin, Celeste is a beautiful name for a baby girl. The meaning is “celestial or heavenly”.
- Celine A female name that is super sophisticated and posh. Of French origin, it means “sky”.
- Ciela A Spanish version of Celine for a baby girl. It means “from the sky”.
- Dangira A rare girl's name that is only heard in Lithuania. A lovely reflection of the sky that is pronounced dahn-GHEER-ah.
- Falak This Muslim girl's name is of Arabic origin. It is different, yet lovely, and means “strength, the sky”.
- Iima Of Scandinavian origin, Iima is an unusual name for a baby girl. Meaning “the air”, it could be that special name you are seeking.
- Indra Indra is of Sanskrit origin and is used in Hindu mythology. This is a nice female name with a strong Royal meaning of God of rain and sky.
- IrisIris is of Hebrew origin and means “rainbow” in Greek. This is a special short name for a newborn girl.
- Miku A short and cool name for your baby girl. Of Japanese origin, it means “beautiful sky”.
- Nasema Rich and lovely, Nasema stems from Arabic roots. A nice-sounding name for a baby girl and means “breeze, fresh air”.
- Nephele Of Latin and French origin, Nephele is a pleasing sounding female name. It means “cloudy skies”.
- Seren Of Turkish origin, this is a sweet girl's name. It means “a star in the sky”.
- Tadita Here is a pretty name of Native American origin for a little girl. It is a sky name that means “to the wind”.
- TheaGreek in origin and lovely for a baby girl. The definition is “mother of the sun, moon, and dawn”.
- Tsisana Of Georgian country origin, this is a special name for a baby girl. It means “of the sky”.
- Zerua A rare and simple name, Zerua is perfect for a baby girl. Of Basque origin, it means “sky and heavens”.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!