From Alya to Ciela to Miku and beyond, this list of girl names that mean sky is filled with a variety of feminine and strong-sounding names. Explore the list and find a delightful option for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Strong
- Aethra This is a pretty female name that can also be spelled Aithra. It is of Greek origin and means bright sky.
- Ahana Here is a Japanese name that is pretty sounding for a girl. Sky flower is the meaning and it rolls easily off of the tongue.
- Alya A girl's name that means “sky or heavenly”. It is of Arabic origin.
- Amberley This name stems from 12th century England and is a stunning name for a little girl. It is a sky name meaning amber of the moon and sun.
- Anila Here is a precious name that is rare and pretty for a baby girl. Of Hindi origin, it means “child of the wind”.
- Anore Taken from the old Greenland name of Anori, this is a favorite girl's name in Japan. It means “wind in the sky”.
- Amaterasu Amaterasu was a Japanese sun goddess and makes a very special name for a little girl. It means “heaven and sky”.
- AraceliLatin American/Spanish roots designed this lovely girl name meaning “alter in the sky”. It is pronounced a-ra-SEH-lee.
- AriaOne of the top 100 most popular girl names thanks to Game of Thrones. It is of Italian origin and means “air”.
- Azurine A rich and classy French name that is perfect for your darling little girl. It means “sky blue”.
- Breeze Short and sweet, Breeze is a memorable name for a girl. It is of English origin and stands for “light gentle wind”.
- CelesteSpanish/French in origin, Celeste is a beautiful name for a baby girl. The meaning is “celestial or heavenly”.
- Celine A female name that is super sophisticated and posh. Of French origin, it means “sky”.
- Ciela A Spanish version of Celine for a baby girl. It means “from the sky”.
- Dangira A rare girl's name that is only heard in Lithuania. A lovely reflection of the sky that is pronounced dahn-GHEER-ah.
- Falak This Muslim girl's name is of Arabic origin. It is different, yet lovely, and means “strength, the sky”.
- Iima Of Scandinavian origin, Iima is an unusual name for a baby girl. Meaning “the air”, it could be that special name you are seeking.
- Indra Indra is of Sanskrit origin and is used in Hindu mythology. This is a nice female name with a strong Royal meaning of God of rain and sky.
- IrisIris is of Hebrew origin and means “rainbow” in Greek. This is a special short name for a newborn girl.
- Miku A short and cool name for your baby girl. Of Japanese origin, it means “beautiful sky”.
- Nasema Rich and lovely, Nasema stems from Arabic roots. A nice-sounding name for a baby girl and means “breeze, fresh air”.
- Nephele Of Latin and French origin, Nephele is a pleasing sounding female name. It means “cloudy skies”.
- Seren Of Turkish origin, this is a sweet girl's name. It means “a star in the sky”.
- Tadita Here is a pretty name of Native American origin for a little girl. It is a sky name that means “to the wind”.
- TheaGreek in origin and lovely for a baby girl. The definition is “mother of the sun, moon, and dawn”.
- Tsisana Of Georgian country origin, this is a special name for a baby girl. It means “of the sky”.
- Zerua A rare and simple name, Zerua is perfect for a baby girl. Of Basque origin, it means “sky and heavens”.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/kokoroyuki.