From Falisha to Kalea to Rena, each of these girl names that mean happy is beautiful and unique. Explore this list and find the perfect name for your daughter!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Happy
- Alaia You don't have Spanish heritage to love a name like Alaia. This pretty girl's name continues to grow in popularity each year.
- Alisa Alisa is a grand name for a little princess. It is of Hebrew and Russian origin and means ‘great happiness.'
- Anandi The name Anandi is the feminine form of the male name Anand. It is of Indian origin and refers to a person who is ‘always happy.'
- Anjolie Anjolie is a sweet American girl's name for your little angel face. It means ‘happy angel.'
- Arcadia A name of Greek origin, Arcadia means ‘peace and contentment.' It also refers to an ‘unspoiled paradise.'
- Arshika Arshika is a unique girl's name. The Hindu moniker translates to ‘she who gives happiness.'
- Asiri Asiri is a lively name that will have you grinning from ear to ear. This Quechua girl's moniker translates to smile.
- Basama Basama is steeped in the Arabic culture. This girl's name signifies ‘one who smiles often.'
- Chara From Spanish and Greek origins, the name Chara means joy. It is also a star in the constellation and a variation of the names Sarah and Charlotte.
- Delisha From the Latin word delicia, the name Delisha refers to pleasure and enjoyment. It is also an art history term, meaning delight.
- Dita The name Dita has roots in Old Germanic and Old English languages. It is also of Hebrew origin.
- Eudaimonia Eudaimonia is a feminine moniker derived from the Ancient Greek eudaimon. In Greek philosophy, it is the ‘state of being happy.'
- Falisha The Muslim moniker Falisha is ideal for a precious baby girl. It is a variant of the Latin Felicia, meaning ‘happy and fortunate.'
- Harshini Harshini is an Indian name that means ‘one who brings happiness.' Pronounced hur-she-ni, the name is mainly given to girls of the Hindu religion.
- Kalea Kalea is one of the top Hawaiian names for girls. It has several meanings, including happiness.
- Leda Leda is a feminine moniker. In Greek mythology, Leda was a beautiful woman who also happened to be the mother of the Helen of Troy.
- Luana Combining the names Lou and Ana, Luana symbolizes happiness. It's a gorgeous Polynesian moniker for a girl.
- MakenaMakena is a popular name of African origin. It is primarily assigned to girls and translates to ‘happy one.'
- MerriMerri is an English name that means lighthearted or happy. Variants of this moniker include Merry and Merrie.
- Miyuki The moniker Miyuki (mee-YUU-kee) is of Japanese origin. It's a blend of the words mi (beautiful) and yuki (happiness).
- Nara Nara is the short version of the monikers Gyulnara and Narineh. The name has roots in both Persian and Japanese languages, meaning happy.
- Rada Rada is a feminine moniker of Proto-Slavic origin. It is a short version of multiple names with rad as the prefix. Examples include Radomira, Radomila, and Radoslava.
- Rena The moniker Rena is of Greek, Hebrew, and Russian origin. The name refers to a ‘joyous melody.'
- SummerSummer is more than a season. It's also an adorable girl's name that conjures happy images of sunshine, long days, and hours of playtime.
- Tisha Tisha comes from the Latin word letizia. It is an English moniker popular among girls in the African American community. It is also a short form of the name Letisha.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/LSOphoto.