The passage of time is intriguing … a curious phenomenon that no human escapes. Capture this curiosity by way of your child's name. This list of baby names that mean time is filled with some beautiful options that you'll love. Take a look!
- Aeon The name Aeon is associated with the Latin word Aeuum, meaning ‘timeless.' Also spelled eon in American English, the name represents a ‘long time.' In Gnosticism, Aeon refers to a ‘long life or eternity.'
- Alpha- is a perfect name for a firstborn son or daughter. It is the first letter of the Greek alphabet and points to the beginning of a chronological timeline.
- Ananta – Sanskrit, Ananta means infinite. The masculine form refers to the Hindu god Vishnu, and the feminine version represents the goddess Parvati.
- Arius A gender-fluid name of Greek origin, Arius means perpetuity. It's a variant of the Latin name Arios.
- Aumoe Pronounced A'u-mō'e, this gender-neutral name has several meanings. In Hawaiian, au translates to time, and moe, which means sleep. Specifically, the moniker refers to midnight.
- Cree Cree is the name of an American Tribe. It's also a verb the French used, meaning to create. In fact, French settlers used the word to describe the tribe they believed to be on the land at the time of creation.
- Day With a name like Day, your child will surely go through life with a smile on his or her face. This gender-neutral name has roots in the Olde English dæg and the Old German tag. In English, it's defined as ‘the time most people conduct business or go to work and school.'
- Horatia/Horatio Horatia is a girl's name of Latin origin, meaning timekeeper. Horatio is the masculine version of the moniker. Variants of the name include Horacia and Horacio.
- Infinity In English, Infinity means never-ending or endless. It's a gender-neutral name.
- Issey Issey is a unique name of Japanese origin. The unisex moniker refers to the firstborn.
- Kumi Kumi symbolizes a ‘long time.' It's a gender-neutral name of Japanese origin. The name also refers to beauty.
- Lagan From Sanskrit, Lagan means ‘appropriate time.' It is a common unisex name in the Hindi community.
- Mirai Rooted in the Sino-Japanese vocabulary, Mirai is a gender-neutral name that points to the future. In the Bantu language of Shona, Marai also means ‘to wait.'
- Neo – Neo is a unisex moniker of Latin origin. It refers to a ‘new life' or the moment a fresh idea develops. In The Matrix movie series, the character Thom Anderson resurrects as Neo after discovering “the matrix.”
- Oge Oge is a Nigerian name meaning, ‘God's time is best.' It's a great alternative to long African names like Ogechikamma and Ogechukwu.
- Omega Omega is a genderless name that means ‘coming after all others in time of order. It is of Greek origin. Omega also refers to the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Phoenix – nonbinary name Phoenix, represents cyclical time. In Greek mythology, the Phoenix is a bird that resurrects itself from ashes every 500 years.
- Rabia Rabia is a perfect name for a baby born in the spring. This genderless moniker is of Arabic origin and relates to springtime.
- Samay In Indian dialects, Samay means the ‘proper time. It is a gender-fluid name of Sanskrit origin.
- Sandhya – The moniker Sandhya originates in India. It's a unisex name that refers to the time the sun goes down.
Shi – Shi is a Chinese name with several meanings, one of which refers to time. The moniker is suitable for both boys and girls.
Sulagna – Sulagna is a unisex moniker of Bengali origin. The name, pronounced Su-lag-na, means ‘good or lucky time.'
- Tempo The name Tempo is a genderless name that refers to ‘timing in a beat'. It is of Latin origin.
- Yong – is a gender-fluid Chinese name. It has several meanings, including ‘eternal and brave.'
- Yugandhara is a gender-neutral name of Sanskrit origin. It is mostly used in Hindi-speaking communities and means ‘strongest of his time' or ‘bearing an era.'
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!