Few natural phenomenons are as stunning as a beautiful sunset. Capture that natural beauty in your baby's name by giving them one of these baby names that mean sunset. Each option is unique and impactful — from Dymas to Xia and beyond. Take a look!
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Light
- Anniki Anniki is the name of a Finnish goddess. It is a cute alternative to the name Nikki, sure to give her uniqueness and originality. Girls who have the name Anniki are often cheerful and fun-spirited.
- Dymas Meaning “splendid sunset,” the name Dymas is used in Portuguese and Spanish countries. This name has two syllables and is not often used in the United States.
- Suvan This name is suitable for a girl or boy. Pick this name for a cute unisex name that isn't overly-used. Suvan is a name that means “sun” and has a Hindu origin.
- Otieno This name has Luo origin and means “born at night.” This name can be used to name a boy or a girl. Pick this time for a playful and unusual name for boys.
- Baskara This name has Indian origin and means “sun.” It is a unique name that is good to give to a boy or a girl. People named Baskara are said to be
- Unnuk A name that suits either boys or girls, Unnuk means “evening.” The name has Intuit origin.
- XiaA name for girls, Xia means “the glow of the sunset.” It has a Chinese origin.
- Ajambo This is a name for girls that means “born at night.” The name has African origin.
- Dismas Dismas means “the sun.” The name has Portuguese and Spanish origin.
- Sharvari This name for girls means “night.” It has a Sanskrit origin. Parents enjoy a unique and fun name when they choose Sharvari.
- Nishadi This name for girls has Hindu origin. It means “twilight.” Choose this name when you want a girls name that is rarely used and fun.
- Yureni A cute name for girls, Yureni means “sunset.” It has an Indian origin and is most popular in Hindu countries.
- Shashikaanta This name means “twilight.” It has Hindi origin and most often is used as a name for girls.
- Deepakala The name Deepakala is unusual coming from Hindu origin. It is most often used as a name for girls.
- Lycoris This name is rarely heard of in the United States. It means “twilight” and has a Greek origin. Girls receive this name more often than boys.
- Sayanth The boy's name Sayanth means “sunset.” It has an Indian origin where it is popularly used. This name a works great for parents looking to give their boy a fun name.
- Elidi This name is a unisex name. It is of Greek origin and means “gift of the sun.”
- Fara A Muslim name for girls, Fara means “sunset.” This is a simple, cute name with two syllables.
- Jawna The name Jawna means “the sunset view” and has an Arabic origin.
- Vahalani This name for girls has Hawaiian origin. It means “sunset.” It is a super cute name and has four syllables.
- Chausiku This name is of Swahili origin. It means “born at night.” It's a great name for a boy.
- TwylaThe name Twyla is a girl's name. It means “twilight” and has American origin. In 2020, 29 girls were named Twyla.
- Anatola The name Anatola is a girls name of Greek origin. It means “dawn of shining sunset.” Girls named Anatola to get a unique name that's so fun to say.
- ElianaA beautiful name for girls meaning “A gift of the sun,” Eliana has four syllables. The name is commonly used in countries like Portugal and Spain.
- EldoraThis name for girls means “a beautiful present from the sun.” It is of Greek origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Olyalowa/Shutterstock.com.