Wyatt is an English name meaning “brave in war” or “wood”. Wyatt has been in the top 50 boy’s baby names since 2011. Wyatt Earp, a lawman and gunslinger straight out of the Old West, is no doubt one of the most famous Wyatts in history.
Meaning of the name Wyatt:
English: brave in war
Old German/Norman: wood
Origin of the name Wyatt:
Wyatt is a baby name meaning “brave in war” derived from the Old English given names Wyard or Wyot or the surname Wigheard. Wyatt also originates from the Norman surname Guyot, meaning “wood”..
Symbolism of the name Wyatt:
Wyatt is associated with bravery and justice, a warrior or a lawmen defending the people that depend on him.
Style of the name Wyatt:
Gender of the name Wyatt:
Wyatt is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Wyatt:
Number of syllables in the name Wyatt:
Emotion evoked from the name Wyatt:
Wyatt evokes feelings of bravery and honesty.
Alternative spellings for the name Wyatt:
Nicknames for the name Wyatt:
Popularity of the name Wyatt:
According to the Social Security Administration, Wyatt has been modestly popular in the US since 1900 but it jumped into the top 50 baby names for boys and continues to rise through the ranks sitting at #29 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Wyatt:
Great middle names for the name Wyatt and their meanings:
- Henry (estate ruler)
- Virgil (staff bearer)
- Milton (mill town)
- John (God is gracious)
- Robert (bright flame)
- David (beloved)
- Lucas (man from Lucania)
- Asher (blessed)
Famous people with the name Wyatt:
- Wyatt Earp (American gunman and lawman)
- Wyatt Cenac (American comedian)
- Wyatt Walker (American civil rights activist)
- Wyatt Toregas (American baseball player)
- Wyatt Cooper (American author and screenwriter)
Wyatts in popular culture:
- Wyatt Halliwell (television, “Charmed”)
- Wyatt Fuller (television, “The Bold and the Beautiful”)
- Wyatt (television, “Raised by Wolves”)
- Wyatt Enslow (literature, Insignia series)
- Wyatt Bose (film, “Deception”)