Wisdom can portrayed in a variety of different meanings … intelligent, smart, brilliant, WISE! Take a look at this list of boy names that mean wise and find a unique and inspiring option for your son.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Wise
- Elvis The name Elvis means “all-wise.” It's an alternative version of the name Alvis. Elvis Presley was the most famous person with the name which originates from Scandinavian origin.
- Aakil This name means “intelligent.' It originates in India where it is fairly common, though popularity outside the country is sparse.
- Ragnall This name has Gaelic and Scottish origins. It means “wise and powerful.”
- Ogbon A name meaning “a person of wisdom,” Ogbon originates from Yoruba. It is an original name for a boy.
- Zeki — This boy's name means “clever.” It has Turkish origins.
- Naauao This great Hawaiian boy's name means “a wise man.” He'll surely grow to exceed the expectations of his namesake.
- EthanThe name Ethan means ” strength and wisdom.” It is a great name choice for a boy and has Biblical references and Hebrew origin.
- Alvis — An Old English name for boys, Alvis means “all-wise.”
- Advish The name Advish is popular in India but not so common elsewhere in the world. The name means “intelligent” and serves wonderfully as a name for a boy.
- RonaldPopularized during the 1930s and 1940s, the name Ronald means “wise one.” Former President of the United States Ronald Reagan is a notable person with the name Ronald.
- Poto A Somian name meaning “wiseness.” Any boy with this name is original and unique.
- Conroy An Irish origin name, Conroy means “wisdom or wise” in some languages but in other languages means hero.
- RaymondThe name Raymond means “wise protector.” It is from Old German origins and has several alternate versions for boys and girls.
- Aleem This name means “all-knowing one.” The name has a Hindu origin.
- FabianThe name Fabian means “A man of wisdom.” The name was popularized by the Harry Potter movies.
- HugoThis German boy's name means “smart mind.” He'll grow to become an intelligent, wise man in the future with this name.
- Vitur Meaning “enlightened and wise,” the name Vitur has Icelandic origins. It is rarely used outside of the country, perfect for those seeking a unique name shared by a few others if anyone at all.
- Arif This name means “kind, good, smart, wise, and knowledgeable.” It comes from Arabic origins and has several spelling variations, including Aref and Arief.
- Hakim This name means “a wise man.” It hails from Arabic origins.
- Boman Meaning “a smart mind,” the name Boman is unusual and unique, perfect for a boy. The name hails from Persian origins.
- Pallas This name means “wisdom.” It has Greek origins. A great, unique name for a boy.
- RayThe name Ray means “wise, protector.” It has German origins. The name was, at one time, very popular as both first and middle names.
- Aadji This name originated from India. It means “born of mind.” Boys given this name are charming, wise beyond their years, and of sound and solid mind.
- Wilbur This name originates from Old German. It means “brilliant, resolute.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/sonnydaez.