If you envision a sharp and witty little one in your midst, check out this list of baby names that mean clever. From Heller to Hugo to Alvis and beyond, each of these names is unique and impactful. Take a look!
RELATED: Baby Names That Mean Bright
- Pallas Pallas Athena was also a goddess of wisdom and spirits according to Greek mythology. This unisex name will prepare her for a lifetime of leadership and respect. The name means “youth, wisdom” and has a Greek origin.
- Heller Heller is a name that sparks conversation. It is a unisex name of German origin. The name means “bright, brilliant.”
- Zosia This name for girls means “intelligent.” It is of Polish origin. Girls named Zosia are said to be graceful and intuitive and possess logical reasoning.
- Kenzo This unisex name means “wise one.” It has a Japanese origin where its popularly used, though not so common in the U.S.
- Cato The name Cato means “wise, knowledgeable.” This gender-neutral name of Greek origin is the name of Bruce Lee's fictional character in The Green Hornet TV series.
- Rishi Meaning “An accomplished and enlightened person,” Rishi is a name used in Sanskrit. It is unique in the U.S. Select this name for a fun, simple two-syllable name for boys and girls.
- Gyan – Meaning “wise, enlightenment,” the name Gyan has Sanskrit origin.
- Nuha This Muslim name is primarily used for boys but sometimes girls as well. It means “intelligence.”
- Buddha This name is most commonly used for boys. It means “wise or enlightened one” and has a Sanskrit origin.
- ZofiaAn alternative to the girl's name Sofia, Zofia means “wisdom.” The unique name has Polish and Slavic origins.
- Wisdom A gender-neutral name meaning “experience, knowledge, and good judgment,” Wisdom is of English origin. It is not every day you hear the name Wisdom.
- HugoMeaning “Of bright mind and spirit,” the male name Hugo is of German origin. The name ranks #100 on the most popular baby name lists.
- Rainer The boy's name Rainer means “wise army.” It is of German origin.
- Aakil Meaning “smart and intelligent,” the name Aakil is a Hindu name commonly used outside of the U.S.
- Alvis A diminutive of the name Elvis, Alvis means “elf's wise.” The name is of English origin.
- Umnaya A three-syllable name for girls, Umnaya is a lovely name with feel-good vibes. It means “a person with smartness and slyness” and has Russian origin.
- Akamai This cute name for girls means “clever” in Hawaiian.” This name choice is unique for any newborn girl. She will grow to be kind and considerate per the traits of this name.
- Sophina A modern and unique name, Sohpina means “wisdom, ship.” It is of English origin.
- Catura This word means “clever” in Bangla. The name also represents someone smart and charming.
- Atama This Japanese name for boys means “smart.” It is unique and fresh, a good name for a 21st-century baby.
- Sage A gender-neutral name meaning “wise” in French, many people also associate this herb with witchcraft.
- Poto A short, straight to the point name for boys, Poto means “wise” in Samoan.
- Bijak In Indonesian, Bijak means “wise.” It has two syllables and offers parents a unique boy's name.
- Mudar This two-syllable name has origins from Sudan. It means “wise.”
- Sarad Sarad means “smart” in Laos where it's a name used fairly often. Not used so much in the states, it gives parents a cool name for their son.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!