From Beatrix to Elsie to Pippa, there is no shortage of beautiful British baby names for girls. If you're looking to give your daughter a name that carries with it an air of elegance and sophistication, select a name from this list. Take a look!
RELATED: 25 British Baby Names We Love
- Aofe Aofe is an Irish-Gaelic girl's name and taken from a legendary warrior woman. The name means “radiant” and is pronounced EE-fa.
- Beatrix Beatrix is an English girl's name and a rather distinct one at that. It means “blessed.”
- Briony Briony is a British girl's name and one that is quite rare. It means “to sprout,” making it perfect for parents with green thumbs or tall heights.
- Caomhe Caomhe is a Scot-Irish girl's name that is melodious and unique. Fittingly, the name means “beautiful” and is pronounced kwee-va.
- Clover Clover is an Old English girl's name, taken after the flower of the same name. Children are often the keys of a parent's heart and this name actually means “key.”
- Cressida Cressida is a British name for girls that is the perfect accent to any personality. Cressida's meaning comes from “gold” in Greek.
- Eira Eira is a Welsh girl's name and one for those favoring purity in their daughter's name. Pronounced like the male name Ira, Eira means “snow.”
- ElsieElsie is a Scottish girl's name and the shortened form of Elspeth/Elizabeth. This name would be quite fitful for a religious family as it means “pledged to God.”
- FreyaFreya is a Norse girl's name that has risen to prominence as suitable for British girls. It means “noble woman.”
- GemmaGemma is a British girl's name that brings gemstones to mind. Considering Gemma means “precious stone,” the mental connection fits.
- HattieHattie is an English girl's name and a diminutive of Harriet. As to its meaning, Hattie means “estate ruler.”
- ImogenImogen is a Celtic girl's name associated with Shakespeare's Cymboline and may be a mispelling of Innogen, the first queen of Britain. Fittingly, the name means “maiden.”
- IslaIsla is an Scottish girl's name by way of a specific river in that country. While the name means “island,” it could be given to any child whose parents desire a free-flowing personality.
- Lottie Lottie is an English girl's name and the diminutive form of Charlotte. Amusingly, its meaning can be read as “free man.”
- MaisieMaisie is an old Scottish girl's name, derived from Margaret or Mary. As to its meaning, it means either “pearl” or “bitter.”
- Nicola Nicola is an Italian girl's name that is quite common in the UK. It is also perfect for exceptional children as it means “people of victory.”
- Pippa Pippa is an English girl's name, derived from Phillipa. Almost every little girl hits a horse phase but Pippa means “lover of horses.”
- PoppyPoppy is an English girl's name, taken from the flower of the same appelation. Understandably, the name's meaning is just “red flower” and would be perfect for a red-headed daughter.
- Primrose Primrose is an English girl's name and quite a florid one at that. The name means “first rose,” making it ideal for a firstborn.
- Rhonwen Rhonwen is a Welsh girl's name and has a pleasing sound to it. The name means “slender” or “fair.”
- RosieRosie is an English girl's name that is full of positive energy and love. This name comes from the rose, a classic romantic flower.
- Scarlette Scarlette is an English girl's name that is full of passion. It means a shade of red.
- Tamsin Tamsin is an English girl's name and diminutive of Thomasina. Because it means “twin,” this name would be ideal for a female fraternal twin or a child who closely resembles her mother.
- Winnifred Winnifred is a Welsh girl's name that would be perfect for any parent who favors a “classic” name. Considering that the name means “blessed peacemaking,” those first few years of childhood should go swimmingly.
- Zara Zara is a British girl's name that gets more attention than the similar Sara. It means “princess” in English.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!