For more common options like Gwen and Rhiannon to lesser-known names like Olwyn and Eleri, this list of Welsh baby names for girls has a nice selection of feminine monikers. With meanings and pronunciations, this list barely scratches the surface of all the wonderful names of Welsh origin. Take a look!
RELATED: Welsh Baby Names We Love!
- Gwen Gwen is a Welsh girl name that means “white.” It can be found in many, many Welsh names, including Gwendolyn, Gwenyth, Guinevere, Gwynedd and Gwyneira.
- Saeth Saeth is a Welsh girl name that will fly straight and true. It means “arrow” and is pronounced with two syllables: sah-EETH.
- RhiannonRhiannon is a Welsh girl name that comes from the goddess Rigantona in Celtic mythology. Meaning “great queen” and occasionally “witch,” it dates back centuries.
- Aeres Aeres is a Welsh girl name. It means “heiress,” but it's pronounced with a soft “A” and a rolling kind of “R” to create AHL-ress.
- Olwyn Olwyn is a Welsh girl name that means “white footprint.” Popular variations include Olwen, Olwenna, Olwin and Olwynna.
- Drysi Drysi is an exotic girl's name from Wales. It translates to “thorn” and is pronounced DUH-luh-see.
- Asgre Asgre is a meaning Welsh girl name. It translates to “heart.”
- Taffy Taffy is a short and cute Welsh name for girls. Though it means “beloved” in old Welsh, it'll make you think of candy, sweetness and other nice things for your daughter.
- Vala Vala is a good Welsh girl name for an adopted daughter. It means “chosen.”
- Rhosyn Rhosyn is a Welsh girl name that means “rose.” Pronounced RAH-sin, it'll be a a nice alternative to a more common name.
- Creirwy Creirwy is another Welsh girl name from mythology. She was the daughter of the goddess Ceridwen, who reigned over rebirth, transformation and inspiration.
- Eleri Eleri is a lovely Welsh girl name that comes from a river in north Wales. It was also the name of a saint from the 5th century.
- Iola Iola is a Welsh girl name that can also double as a blessing. Meaning “worth” or “value,” it'll let your daughter know that she has importance in the world just by existing.
- Aderyn Aderyn is a Welsh girl name that can help your daughter's future take flight. It means “bird.”
- EnidEnid is a short and simple Welsh girl name. However, it contains multitudes of meaning in its translation: “soul.”
- Carys Carys is a popular Welsh girl's name that means “the beloved one.” Another variation is Carwyn, which means “dearly loved.”
- Eres Eres is a Welsh girl name that your daughter can take pride in. It means simply “wonderful.”
- Aelwen – Aelwen is a Welsh girl name. Meaning “fair browed,” it's pronounced a bit like Arwen from The Lord of the Rings, so it'll be a beautiful, feminine name for a baby girl.
- Emlyn Emlyn is a Welsh girl's name that comes from a small countryside town bordering a river. It's just as beautiful as its name.
- Tegeirian Tegeirian is a Welsh girl name that means “fair” or “beautiful.” If it's too much of a mouthful for your non-Welsh relatives, a popular nickname is Tegan or Tegwen.
- Lilybet Lilybet is a Welsh girl's name. You can probably guess that it comes from the lily flower, but it'll still serve as a beautiful blossom for your daughter's future.
- GlendaGlenda is an old-fashioned Welsh girl name. However, it has the beautiful meaning of “holy,” “clean,” “pure” and “good.”
- Mari Mari is a Welsh girl name that comes from Marie or Maria. This is the Scandinavian version, and it's considered trendy everywhere from Finland and Norway to Hungary and Estonia.
- Una Una is a Welsh girl's name that means “white wave.” Despite its spelling, it's pronounced with a “Y” sound like YEW-nah.
- Efa Short and sweet, Efa is a Welsh girl name that means “life.” It doesn't get more meaningful than that.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!