Gold is precious and stunning — just like your daughter! Explore this list of girl names that mean gold — from Gilda to Aurea and beyond — and find the perfect name for your daughter.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Gold
- Altantsetseg Altantsetseg is a golden Mongolian girl's name. This specific name means “golden flower.” It should be pronounced “al-tan-ze-zeg.”
- Altynshash Altynshash is a glittery Kazakh girl's name. This specific name means “golden voice.”
- Acuregan Acuregan is a costly Celtic girl's name. This specific name means either “shining gold” or “golden face.”
- Aurea Aurea is a girl's name of gold from the Late Roman era. This specific name means “golden.”
- Auriel Auriel is a glimmering girl's name from Latin. This specific name means “gold.”
- Aurnia Aurnia is an golden girl's name from the Irish language. This specific name means ‘golden lady.”
- Baojin Baojin is a Mandarin girl's name connected to valuable metals. This specific name means “precious gold.”
- Cressida Cressida is a golden Greek girl's name. This specific name means “gold.”
- Eldora Eldora is a Spanish girl's name bound in gold. Actually, This specific name means “covered with gold.”
- Eurwen Eurwen is a Welsh girl's name drenched in golden meaning. Specifically, this name means “gold and fair.”
- GildaGilda is an English girl's name connected to gold. This specific name “covered with gold.” Some notable Gildas in media include comedienne Gilda Radner and a griffin character from “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.”
- Goldie Goldie is an English girl's name of golden value. Indeed, this one name means “made of gold.” “Glittering” Goldie O'Gilt is a character from the Disney comic books with a deep romantic and competitive relationship to Scrooge McDuck.
- Hema Hema is a Sanskrit girl's name of value. This specific name means “golden.” HEMA is also an acronym that stands for “Historical European Martial Arts.”
- Kanchana Kanchana is a golden girl's name in Tamil and Thai. This specific name means “golden.”
- Millaray Millary is a glittery girl's name from Native American and Mapuche circles. This specific name translates as “golden flower.”
- Nubia Nubia is an Egyptian girl's name bound in precis metals. While This specific name means “gold,” Nubia is also the name for an entire region of northern Africa.
- Orfhlaith Orfhlaith is a glimmering Irish girl's name. This particular name is perfect for your little darling as it means “golden princess.” This specific name name is pronounced “orf-hl-ay-if,” with the h barely being voiced.
- Peta Peta is a precious Native-American name for girls. This specific name means “golden eagle.”
- Rukmini Rukmini is a Hindu girl's name connected to gold. This specific name means “adorned with gold.”
- Sovanna Sovanna is a golden girl's name from Cambodia. This specific name means “golden dream” and might be chosen as a name to celebrate the culmination of nine months of hard work.
- Vosgedzam Vosgedzam is a gleaming name among Armenian girls. This specific name means “golden hair.”
- Worknesh Worknesh is a glittering girl's name of African Amharic sourcing. Since this specific name means “you are like gold,” it can serve as an excellent reminder of your daughter's personal value.”
- Zarbanu Zarbanu is an aureate girl's name from Persia. This specific name means “golden lady.”
- Zarina Zarina is a flaxen girl's name found in the Kazakh, Malay and even Urdu tongues. This specific name means “golden.” This name is also basically pronounced the same as czarina, the feminine version of the commanding title of “czar.”
- Zlata Zlata is a golden girl's name found throughout the nations of Croatia and Serbia. This specific name can mean “gold” or “golden.” Zlota happens to be another form of this name, albeit one with a Yiddish origin.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!