You can't think about Hawaii without marveling at its immense beauty — from fragrant flowers to lush landscapes to breathtaking waterfalls and so much more. Instill this sort of inspiring beauty in your daughter from the start by giving her one of these beautiful Hawaiian baby names for girls.
RELATED: Hawaiian Baby Names We Love
- Ahonui is the perfect Hawaiian girl's name for a diligent child. It means “patience.”
- Alamea Alamea is a glittering Hawaiian girl's name. It can mean “precious” or “volcanic stone.”
- Alohi Alohi is a shining example of a Hawaiian girl's name. It means “brilliant,” either in intellect or intensity.
- Alaula Alaula is a rejuvenating Hawaiian girl's name. Because it means “light of dawn,” it can be the perfect name to give any child born in the wee hours of the day.
- Anuenue Anuenue is a Hawaiian girl's name to suit any spectrum. It means “rainbow” and is pronounced “ah-nu-way-nu-way.”
- Heiau Heiau is an honorable girl's name of Hawaiian origin. The name means “temple” and should be pronounced “heh-ee-ah-oo,” with each syllable flowing into the next.
- Haleakala Haleakala is a Hawaiian girl's name with ties to the celestial. The name means “house of the rising sun” and could be a cute way of referencing a parental appreciation for musicians like the Charlie Daniels Band, Animals or White Buffalo.
- Hanohano Hanohano is the sort of Hawaiian name given to the girls with a regal bearing. While the name means “noble,” Hanohano is a good bit less twee or cloying than a name like “Princess.”
- Kailua Kailua is a notable nautical Hawaiian name for a girl. It means “two seas” and might be the perfect name for the child of parents from different continents.
- Kalama Kalama is a trailblazer of a Hawaiian girl's name. It means “flaming torch” and might be suited to children with red hair or whose parents expect her to always find her way.
- Kanani Kanani is a truly beautiful Hawaiian name to give a baby girl. This is because the name literally means “beautiful.”
- Ke'ala Ke'ala is a guiding girl's name of Hawaiian origin. The name means “the path” and might be chosen as a name in the hope that the child will never stray from a good and fulfilling life.
- Konane Konane is another Hawaiian girl's name with celestial connection. While some of the names on this list allude to the moon itself, this particular name means “bright moonlight.” and could be quite the fitting name for a child delivered late into the night or during a memorable power outage.
- Lani Lani is a high-minded girl's name of Hawaiian origin. It can mean either “heaven” or “sky” and could make for an amusing reason for why a child with such a name was born in the middle of an airline flight.
- LeilaniLeilani is a beatific Hawaiian girl's name. It means “heavenly child.”
- Malu Malu is a chill and contented Hawaiian name for a girl. It means “peacefulness” and might be chosen to recognize the tranquility that comes after nine months of toil or the hope that this child will not be a challenge to raise.
- Mele Mele is a truly artful girl's name from the Hawaiian language. It means “poem” and may make for a suitable name for any child whose parents aspire to raise a girl skilled with words or who simply has a pleasant voice.
- Mino'aka Mino'aka is a reassuring Hawaiian name to give any girl. It means “smile,” and might be chosen as a name based on the child's own warming expression or the action the child inspires in all who encounter her.
- MoanaMoana is yet another Hawaiian girl's name connected to island living. The name means “ocean” and is likely well-known to people thanks to the eponymous Disney film.
- Na'au Na'au is the sort of Hawaiian name given to girls with a balanced existence. The name means “heart and mind” and is pronounced “nah-ow.” Such a name might be chosen in the hope that the child will not be deficient in either aspect of existence or because she may possess the sort of charisma that wins over the hearts and minds of others.
- Noelani Noelani is a divine choice for a Hawaiian girl's name. It can either mean “heavenly mist” or “heavenly girl.”
- Pele Pele is a wonderful Hawaiian name for a chaotic girl. The name is taken from the goddess of volcanoes in Hawaiian mythology.
- Pule Pule is a pious Hawaiian girl's name. It means “prayer” and is pronounced “poo-lay.”
- Uluwehi Uluwehi is a a gorgeous Hawaiian girl's name. It means “growing in beauty” and could be chosen as a girl's name because her parents believe that she is already a gorgeous child who will grow up to be a pulchritudinous woman.
- Wena Wena is a brilliant Hawaiian girl's name. It means “glow.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!